TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I get home from work this afternoon only to find this in our driveway:

It's my mom's Explorer which we've had since 2004. Apparently my dad took it to a local Wal-mart this morning to get some food for a Christmas party this evening and when he got back it was damaged. Apparently it was a hit and run, but their parking lot security cameras didn't capture the accident. Good thing it's full coverage.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Good grief what were they doing about 35 mph backing up:eek::mad: . To bad no one got the plate # .

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Glad to hear you have full coverage. I hope the deductible isn't to high.

What a POS to do something like that ... well, we all know there are POS people out there ...

I can't believe there were no witnesses to this in a Wal-Mart parking lot on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That sucks. It almost looks like someone hit a pole, cause it didnt touch the marker light or grill.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I can't believe there were no witnesses to this in a Wal-Mart parking lot on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
There's never a witness because everyone usually has their head up their a$$.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I had a crazy ex-husband (of my girlfriend's - not mine! lol), slice my tires in the Wal-Mart parking lot. You could see him crouch down by the car on the videos, but the police said that didn't prove a thing (that's why I always figure it's better to take care of problems yourself). Those cameras are a joke, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry to hear about your incident on this glorious day!

·
Super Moderator
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It almost looks like someone hit a pole, cause it didnt touch the marker light or grill.
I know, right? My first reaction was, "Mom hit the basketball pole pulling in!"

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Yeh, the more I look at that pic, it looks like it hit a pole to me, too! Or maybe one of the shopping cart cages? :zdunno:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
By the place on the hood it sure does look like a pole got it :zwall: Or a high bumper or something .

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I saw the same thing today at a restaurant that was open for Christmas. There was a car in the parking lot that had obviously been hit (in the lot) with severe damage; even the bumper cover had been ripped off. Somebody nailed the front corner at a significant speed and fled the scene.

Holiday drunk drivers?

Sorry to see it happened to your family. There are idiots everywhere, I guess.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I had a crazy ex-husband (of my girlfriend's - not mine! lol), slice my tires in the Wal-Mart parking lot. You could see him crouch down by the car on the videos, but the police said that didn't prove a thing (that's why I always figure it's better to take care of problems yourself). Those cameras are a joke, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry to hear about your incident on this glorious day!
You're right about Walmart cams being a joke so if you gotta get some get back dont let them cams scare you off if your retribution can take place at a walmart. Just park at the end of the lot. I personally watched incidents on walmart security cams; rare to have that access but on a clear afternoon day in phoenix people can get away with anything if they know where to park and how do it. And they have gotten away and let this be a clear lesson to anyone else. Dont trust Walmart cams for anything!!!. They dont even point past the halfway mark in lots let alone can see anything good enough.

Btw I saw a minivan parked up close to a walmart and it was an employees. It had its tires cut up no one caught anyone involved.

Its more for the stores welfare than anything else, maybe cheaper insurance since they dont do anything unless its to their benefit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts