TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a MN-12 site but I figure a few of yall know alot about other vehicles. Has anyone had any experiance with a 02-05 Explorer, Mountaineer? I have a 02 Mounty and am trying to figure out how to get a better ride out of this thing. I am gonna try tires first and replace the BF Goody 17's with a Michelin 17. Is there anything else, shocks, springs ect I could do to help the ride. Why do these have such a firm ride when the big selling point was the new independant rear suspension. I dont underrstand how the Aviator which is so close kin rides so much better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
We have an '04 Limited V8, the ride is not bad in my opinion...of course we've had 4 of the previous generation Explorers (solid axle) that ride like hell so I may be biased.

The Aviator probably has some sort of air suspension components.

·
Administrator
8,105 Posts
Check this site out.

It's very informative. I call it the TCCoA site for Explorers! :D

Joe

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
My wife's 01 Exploder rode kind of rough until I ditched the GoodYears and bought a set of Michilin Cross Terain tires. It was world of difference in ride quality it rides like a Camrey now but we do have 15" rims instead of 17's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts