TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this idea off another forum. i have met:

sam cassell and carl herrera - both ex-houston rockets. sam was getting a pedicure done. i was walking out of a walgreens and this dude asks me if i want to meet cassell. i said sure, and he told me he was in a nail salon next door.

shawn kemp - ex-supersonic, ex-rocket

dan newman and sir will. i consider them famous :)

thats it :(

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Alex Rodriguez, came to my golf course back when the Rangers still did Spring Training in Port Charlotte. He had a hot blonde and a brand new BMW 760iL.

Jeb Bush, a couple of times, once in Tallahassee and once in Port Charlotte after Hurricane Charley.

No one else comes to mind at the moment...

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Let's see:
Vin Diesel: Was at the Brickyard 400 one year, came down to meet the band (well, more like a bunch of hormone laden girls went up and convinced him to come down) . . . then one of the tuba players hit him in the head with a sousaphone.
Montgomery Genrty: Same situation as Vin Diesel, without the attempted murder-by-sousaphone
Jeff Burton & Greg Biffle (back when they were both driving for roush): Didn't really meet them, but my aunt was at a Nascar thing for the Roush drivers and she pulled her cell phone out and I got a phone call from Jeff Burton. I ended up getting to talk to most of the Roush drivers except for Martin. Funny thing, one of the things he asked me was "So, you hitting the bars tonight?" I was 16 at the time.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
TV

John Ritter
Frank and Kathy Lee Gifford
Charles Nelson Reily
Burt Reynolds and Lonnie Anderson

Music

Maynard Ferguson
Herbie Mann
Doc Severensen
Mel Torme (played in a big band that opened for him one night in Boca)
The OJ's (Played backup new years eve in the late 80's)

Motorsports

Richard Petty
Mario Andreti

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Interviewed Darren McCarty last year. Also met Steve Mariucci's sister at the same time (she was heinously drunk). Met our Governor at a press party, but that's pushing the "famous" tag.

President Bush, the Mythbusters, and Ron Jeremy all came to Northern recently, but I didn't exactly get to meet them.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I know I'm going to miss some, but I'll try...

Indiana: 1996 Chicago Bulls, was in the lobby of a hotel in Indianapolis the morning after a game against the Pacers. Mark Leonard, Michael Dorn, Mirina Sirtis (whoa momma), Patrick Stewart & Leonard Nimoy. Met Shaq when he was playing college ball, and all the 93 Boilermakers as I helped with the lighting for the games. G Robb went on to get #1 draft pick and then suck. Hootie & The Blowfish played a club on campus before they were famous, sucked then too. Prof. Theodore Kermit Scott (whom the frog was named after) Mario, Michael, John & Jeff Andretti. Richard & Kyle Petty, Dale Earnhart, Davey Allison, Mark Martin, Ricky Rudd, Rusty Wallace, Darryl Waltrip, Ernie Irvin at a tire test a year or so before the first Brickyard 400... and Jeff Gordon a few times when he was racing sprint cars at a dirt track outside of Indy.

DC: Bush Sr, Clinton, Gen. Schwarzkopf, various senators... (Father was a former Navy Lt. Cmdr, got some perks from that).

NYC: Tim Curry & Susan Sarandon at a RHPS event, l0pht

Florida: Checking into a hotel, needed plate number so I opened the front door to get it, being the kind person I usually am I held the door open as two people were approaching, wasn't until after the tall person I let in left that the hotel manager told me it was Tiny Tim. Mark Lindsay at some New Years bash @ Daytona Beach

NC: All of White Zombie at a few RHPS events, David J. Bradley (came up with ctrl-alt-del) and a few others while I was working at IBM, Jeff Gordon again as a NASCAR driver.

At work: Holyfield (man that ear is noticable), Cecil Fielder (twice, autographed baseball each time), Entire cast of the Sopranos, and Jimmy Spencer.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Met George Barris at a car show. Local celebrity of a long time ago Harold Ensley (Just gonna see if anyone has ever heard of him)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i personally know all of the members of V shape mind also have one of their cd's that almost nobody has heard about. and have met through my girlfriends uncle mudvayne. her uncle is manager of a bar and back when mudvayne was still un heard of he would have them in every other week so he really got to know them and be good friends with them and they still keep in touch. ive met them all once. as for v shape mind i was just at brads house last week. vic was there too but only for like an hour. its kinda nice having a semi famous band live in your home town :D but thats all for me but im only 17 so i hope i get to meet more later on in life.

oh and for all you fans out there v shape mind is gonna be putting out a new album. its about time :D

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Music: Made Men and Ray Benzino - When I worked at a Logan Airport Security Checkpoint

Sports: Reggie Lewis - Celtics Guard - RIP - Autograph Signing at a Home Depot Expo
Red Aurbach (sp?) Celtics Legend - Logan Airport (Used him as my random search, didnt know who he was at first.)

Most of the Red Sox Teams from the mid 80's to the mid 90's. Thats how I got my prized Billy Buckner autographed ball. My dad and I chased his Porsche 911 Targa down Yawkey Way and he got caught at a red light, so he signed...lol

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Don Garlits
John Force
Ran right into Connie Kalita
Kenny Bernstein
Shirley Muldowney
Eddie Hill
Lori Johns
Preston Smith

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
oliver north, and came oh so close to meeting "the gunny" R. Lee Ermey, but couldnt make it over to see him since it was in the middle of the war.

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Blink 182, they came down to the boat and had lunch with us when my sub was in Bahrain
Charles Maher, the last person to surrender US land to a foreign country, the panama canal, this was my engineer on my boat
Several Senators that toured the sub
Admiral Rick Bowman, Naval Reactors

--Craig

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Gil Gerard of "Buck Rogers in the 21rst century", and Twiggy (the robot)
Catherine Bach (Daisey Duke) Tall and sexy
The General Lee!! :D
George Thorogood "and" the Delaware destroyers - I was a co manager at a restaurant in a bowling alley. He and the band would come in late at night, usually in the middle of the week, and bowl a few games and have some brew. They where Fun guys.
Stevie Nicks - Wow!
Tom Kiefer and Cinderilla - right before they broke. The band was on there way to a gig in Jersey when thier tour "box van" broke down. I gave them a ride to a gas station. Then they were called (I think) The Saints from Hell.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Music-
Megadeth (all members since RIP era, numerous times)
Sevendust hung out with them one afternoon before a gig in peoria, il

Sports-
Ryne Sandberg
Paul Konerko
Scott Eyre(pitcher now with cubs)
James Baldwin (ex sox pitcher)
Shaun Dunston (ex cubs ss)
"Sweetness" Walter Payton
Will Purdue (ex bulls center)
Keith Foulk (ex Sox-Chi/Bo, A's)
Mike Bileki (ex cubs pitcher)
Ron Kittle (ex Sox of)
Jack Roush
Kurt Busch
John Force
the willis family (parents of the kids that died in the van that hit the pice of truck that started the whole license for bribe scandal in IL)

other-

Bill Ford jr.(current ceo of FoMoCo)
Dennis Gage (host My Classic Car)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
J.C. Watts -- former OU quarterback and congressman -- nearly ran into him at a bookstore...didn't talk to him...gave him privacy...not popular everywhere, just Oklahoma
Amy Grant -- My wife's fave...met backstage before a concert...our realtor's cousin was her road manager...my father-in-law had just passed away and the tickets were a present for us
Brian White -- country singer...he's from my area and cousin of one of my classmates...went to church camp with him before he started his career
Bobby Allison -- NASCAR legend...was a kid and met him in an autograph line...adults were pushing and he told them to stop so that I could come up there and get an autograph...pretty cool
That's about it....don't get to see much in Oklahoma...LOL!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts