TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HATE POLICE!!!!
i got a ticket today, for not wearing my seatbelt, i was honestly runnning late to school, and i was still in my sub and forgot to put it on, would i have ne chance at all of taking this to court and not having to pay a fine??? how much is the fine, does neone know? thanks

-Lenny

ps, this law is gay, it should be our choice if we want to protect ourselves from dying in an accident:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
XR7CAT said:
I HATE POLICE!!!!
i got a ticket today, for not wearing my seatbelt, i was honestly runnning late to school, and i was still in my sub and forgot to put it on, would i have ne chance at all of taking this to court and not having to pay a fine??? how much is the fine, does neone know? thanks

-Lenny

ps, this law is gay, it should be our choice if we want to protect ourselves from dying in an accident:D
Waaa waaa waaa. Next time wear your seatbelt!

And pay the fine. Own up to your ignorance.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
it should be our choice if we want to protect ourselves from dying in an accident.
Congratulations, you have hit on one of my very few pet peeves! I promise to make this short and as painless a possible.

Seatbelts take no time to use and the benefit of using it may not be revealed to you
but would certainly be apparent to those who care about you, in the case of an accident.

It’s a good time to grow up and be responsible. There is a reason for the law.
Take it from a guy almost as old as dirt, I never leave home without it on!

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
You are a student, can you read? The fine should be on the ticket!

Seatbelts don't just save your life, it helps protect others as well. I won't bore you with a story. I agree it is time you grew up! Driving is a privilege, not a right and from reading your post I think that the state of Michigan should revoke your driver's license until you grow up and are responsible enough to drive!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Maybe you should do some research on victims that were not wearing seatbelts.Some pictures may change your mind about not wearing one.They did me.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
The one time I didn't wear a seat belt I totaled my car..

and I would have been killed if I had my seat belt on.. just food for thought.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah I had a couple freinds that died because the were wearing them too.But more times then not they do save your life.If it hadn't been for seatbelts my mom little sister and granma would all be dead,those are the three closest women in my life.So I guess you could say I am pro seatbelt wearing.But I don't think not wearing one should be a reason for pulling someone over.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Actually, in Florida, at the state police barracks they keep a tally of people killed with and without sealbelt use. Every year they are almost 50/50. This doesn't mean anything unless we know what % use seatbealts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
NRL said:
The one time I didn't wear a seat belt I totaled my car..

and I would have been killed if I had my seat belt on.. just food for thought.
thats odd, i have been in 5-6 collisions where i would have been killed had i not been wearing my seatbelt.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
im 50/50 on the seatbelt issue. i always wear mine, even more scared to not wear it when im not driving. BUT some laws are fallable. Look at streetbikes, harleys, etc. THey do not require a seatbelt and if you wreck on one of those, you're in deep crap. I think if you'd take it to court, they'd laugh at you and just give you the same fine.

·
Registered
940 Posts
how long does it take you to buckle up your seatbelt? Usually as I'm starting the car I'm putting mine on (no loss of time). I'm just used to putting the seat belt on, it's there for a reason.

It does blow that they give the tickets out. If you wanna die, you should be able to die. I can't believe that they put that law into effect.

And the deal with the Insurance law (not to change the subject) really pisses me off. You have to pay them for nothing, if you get in an accident with the PLPD (minimum coverage) you get $500 and a foot up your ***. Even if you are not at fault you cannot sue the person at fault for the damage to your car. So basically you are paying more than you are getting back no matter what happens.

·
Registered
428 Posts
ZackG said:
im 50/50 on the seatbelt issue. i always wear mine, even more scared to not wear it when im not driving. BUT some laws are fallable. Look at streetbikes, harleys, etc. THey do not require a seatbelt and if you wreck on one of those, you're in deep crap. I think if you'd take it to court, they'd laugh at you and just give you the same fine.
Could you imagine how badly you would injure yourself riging a bike with a seatbelt on? There are lot of instances where a rider has dumped his bike and walked away, if they were wearing seatbelts they would be a mangled peice of meat.

You used a bad analogy.

·
Registered
428 Posts
KewlBird said:
how long does it take you to buckle up your seatbelt? Usually as I'm starting the car I'm putting mine on (no loss of time). I'm just used to putting the seat belt on, it's there for a reason.

It does blow that they give the tickets out. If you wanna die, you should be able to die. I can't believe that they put that law into effect.

And the deal with the Insurance law (not to change the subject) really pisses me off. You have to pay them for nothing, if you get in an accident with the PLPD (minimum coverage) you get $500 and a foot up your ***. Even if you are not at fault you cannot sue the person at fault for the damage to your car. So basically you are paying more than you are getting back no matter what happens.
WRONG. You can sue if you have PLPD. I've done it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
tommywdetroit said:

WRONG. You can sue if you have PLPD. I've done it.
how, I've been told that you cannot sue if the other person has insurance.

·
Registered
428 Posts
KewlBird said:

how, I've been told that you cannot sue if the other person has insurance.
I don't want to sound like an a$$ but, whoever told you that was mis-informed. Go look at the thread I posted in A/V. I had PLPD when I got in that wreck, and walked away with about $80K.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Sometimes I wear it and sometimes I don't. If I happen to get nailed one time when I don't, then it's my own damn fault. All part of the risk every time you sit behind the wheel.

Just pay the fine dude, don't be stupid.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I did a research paper on Seat Belts when I was in College. Seat belts not only save lives by preventing you from smashing your face and head against immovable objects. They actually prevent accidents by helping to hold the driver behind the wheel where he belongs. For those of you who don't want to be "trapped" if the car is in water or fire. When a car hits water at speed it is just like hitting any other HARD object. The seat belt would help you remain conscious so you can get out of the car. Same for any impact hard enough to start a fire. As for the argument that you have a right to die if that is your choice. While I won't argue that you do have the right to die (though in my opinon it is a stupid choice), what happens if you do not die? you only get severely and permanently injured? Was it the choice of those who are now forced to care for you that they do this unpleasant task? Pretty selfish of those who could have not been injured had they been wearing a seat belt. I have had officers tell me after accidents "You would be dead if it weren't for the seat belt" Never had one tell me, "Good thing you weren't wearing a seat belt". Wear it for your life and the peace of mind of those around you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts