TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a pair of the MT ET Street Radials to use at the dragstrip.

Is anybody running them? How do you like them? How would you rate them relative to other drag radial tires?

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
I ran a set of 255/50/16 MT ET DR's all last season. They hooked very well, and had surprisingly good street manners. Overall, they were a very good buy in my opinion.

-Rod

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
There's a pair on ebay right now in 255-50-16. They have a cosmetic blemish on them, but are pretty cheap... might be a good deal.

-Joel

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys,

Just to clarify, are you talking about the ET Streets (non-radial construction) or the ET Street Radials? I'm thinking of getting the Radials.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MaddMartigan,

Yep, that is the exact tire I'm considering, although I was going to go with the 275/40-17 size. What gear ratio and differential type are you running?

·
Super Moderator
3,609 Posts
MaddMartigan,

Yep, that is the exact tire I'm considering, although I was going to go with the 275/40-17 size. What gear ratio and differential type are you running?
It's all in my signature but here is a summary:

3.73 gears - limited slip from Ford - 8.8" aluminum pumpkin
-although I turned in the 1.77 60' with 3.55 gears
I'm also running an AOD but with a 4R70W gear set.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
My brother had BFG's, then he got the Mickeys.....there is no comparison, the Mickeys, hands down are a better gripping tire.

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Just to clarify, are you talking about the ET Streets (non-radial construction) or the ET Street Radials? I'm thinking of getting the Radials.
Yep, I'm talking about the radials. I'll probably switch over to the ET Streets (bias ply slicks) this season, it just depends on how things go.

-Rod

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Are those street legal?

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Asking anyone who knows, thanks!

-Joel

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Joel,

The ET Streets and ET Street Radials are both D.O.T. legal. ET Drags are not D.O.T. legal.

-Rod

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
What would 27X10.5-16 and read?

And can you run motorcycle tires on front skinnys?

Thanks

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
What would 27X10.5-16 and read?
Huh?

And can you run motorcycle tires on front skinnys?
Bad idea. Motorcycle tires can't handle the weight of our cars. I'm using a pair of 165R15 auto tires mounted on a pair of aluminum SC spares as the front skinnies.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Josh, that's the size of the tire in inches. If you're asking what that would be in metric, it would be approximately 265/50/16 (rounded to the nearest 10mm).

-Rod

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Joel,

The ET Streets and ET Street Radials are both D.O.T. legal. ET Drags are not D.O.T. legal.

-Rod
Back from the dead: Whats the difference between ET streets, and ET street radial?

-Joel

1 - 20 of 37 Posts