TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be holding our JBMN/Summer Blast 20th Anniversary Meet this year on August 27 & 28th, 2022. This is held in Conjunction with the Mason Dixon Dragway All Ford Event, on that Sunday.

The itinerary is as follows:

Friday night, Aug 26th -Meet and greet at the Quality Inn Spring Mills, WV parking lot beginning at 7PM till ?

Saturday morning, Aug 27 - I am planning a dyno day for anyone that may be interested. It will be held at Vagworks in Martinsburg, WV. It will begin at 9AM and close around 1 or so. We are limited to 12 vehicles and the cost for the dyno pulls will be $75 for 3 pulls. There will be NO TUNING at the dyno day! Those interested will pay at the event!! The first 12 names submitted to me will be pulled in that order and dyno'd in that order. If someone cannot make it please let me know and at the time the list will move up. You will be able to contact me at my email which I will provide shortly.

Saturday afternoon, we will have a picnic dinner at my home in Hedgesville WV beginning around 2:30PM. Afterwards its your leisure time or we can choose to go to Hagerstown MD to the car show at the Valley Mall if there is interest.

Sunday, Aug 28 - is the Mason Dixon Dragway All Ford Event, Boonsboro MD. We will plan to leave from the Quality Inn at Spring Mills around 9am. There you may either participate in the car show portion of their event, or race in the Cougar/Comet Class for all MN 12's, Lincolns or if you are in something else Ford, you can chose a class to participate in. Those that don't want to race or show can get a pit pass and just hangout with the gang there. Further Information will provided.

The host hotel Quality Inn at Spring Mills has provided us a block of rooms under Mid-Atlantic MN12 car Club. The price for rooms are $79.00 a night + tax. They are Queen Double bed rooms. Beginning Friday Aug 26- Saturday Aug 27, Those that may want to stay Sunday and leave Monday morning can also do that but please let them know when you arrive. For those with children attending the rates are 0 for anyone under the age of 14 I was told so feel free to bring your young ones. For those wanting to share rooms that can be done as well but anything over two per person will be an additional $5 per person. To Make Reservations Phone Quality Inn 681 353-2115.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you are planning to attend, how many, vehicle.

·
Administrator
14,547 Posts
Awesome! I'll try to make it! So glad to see it's back for the anniversary! Wow! 20 Years! Hard to believe!

Will we have to bring our own Wideband for the Dyno? :ROFLMAO:

Also wanted to ask if you can get E85 in the area? Thanks.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! I'll try to make it! So glad to see it's back for the anniversary! Wow! 20 Years! Hard to believe!

Will we have to bring our own Wideband for the Dyno? :ROFLMAO:

Also wanted to ask if you can get E85 in the area? Thanks.
Ron, if you want the wideband I expect you will need to bring your own 😂. There is no tuning. Just 3 pulls each.

As far as the E85, I expect you will be able to find it locally but I don't actually know where yet. I haven't searched for it but understand there are places that sell it.

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grab us some pictures! Aya thats a sexy marauder
That is Sherman Vinings 9.9 Second Marauder and the Blue Lincoln is John Peters 12.0 Lincoln among others that should be present at the event. There will be other 11 -15 second MN12/FN10 cars present as well.

·
Administrator
14,547 Posts
Ron, if you want the wideband I expect you will need to bring your own 😂. There is no tuning. Just 3 pulls each.

As far as the E85, I expect you will be able to find it locally but I don't actually know where yet. I haven't searched for it but understand there are places that sell it.
Right. I understand power pulls only, no tuning. I was just joking about it given your issues with not having a wideband at the dyno.

I looked it up. Here's a good resource.

There are a couple of Sheetz in Martinsburg that supposedly have it. Can you confirm for me. Thanks.

5715 Hammonds Mill Rd
Martinsburg, WV 25404

And

4430 Winchester Ave
Martinsburg, WV 25405

And another one up in Hagerstown:

10515 Sharpsburg Pk
Hagerstown, MD 21740

Thank heavens E85 is a lot more accessible now than it used to be!

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
12,948 Posts
Has the dohc car survived the chain break?

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right. I understand power pulls only, no tuning. I was just joking about it given your issues with not having a wideband at the dyno.

I looked it up. Here's a good resource.

There are a couple of Sheetz in Martinsburg that supposedly have it. Can you confirm for me. Thanks.

5715 Hammonds Mill Rd
Martinsburg, WV 25404

And

4430 Winchester Ave
Martinsburg, WV 25405

And another one up in Hagerstown:

10515 Sharpsburg Pk
Hagerstown, MD 21740

Thank heavens E85 is a lot more accessible now than it used to be!
I haven't had time to check but will try to tomorrow. Hammonds Mill Sheetz is 5 minutes from the host hotel.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Has the dohc car survived the chain break?
Mine? Oh yes it survived, we built it back better. We moved on to tearing up transmissions. LOL

The new project is the motor in the '96. Once we get some time to street tune and work some cobwebs out, it'll likely best the Blue Flame. o_O

·
Administrator
14,547 Posts

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I don't believe my Bird will be back together in time...

View attachment 49579
Jeff, That has nothing to do with you and family participating with us part of the weekend or whatever. There will be another day for the car to attend. Again, all the old timers are welcome to come and participate, car or not.

Every one with an MN12 FN10 SC Marauder etc is welcome to attend. Its that simple! I just need to know who is coming and participating.

The Ford event though as you know will be FORD, Lincoln Mercury only as always whether racing or showing.

Hope to see you all.

·
Administrator
14,547 Posts

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Plan is for the 1MTNCAT to make its first competition track debut August 28, 2022. 11 years from the date where it made its last appearance on the track!

Rumor is also a possibility that Kevin Leitem will be attending and bringing his Pro Mod Thunderbird to the event as well. Can't wait to see it in person!

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,915 Posts
Jeff, That has nothing to do with you and family participating with us part of the weekend or whatever. There will be another day for the car to attend. Again, all the old timers are welcome to come and participate, car or not.
Oh I know! I'll make it out at some point. Not sure in what quantity yet as I've got a lot of maintenance for work in August on the weekends.

What are you up to there Jeff? It would be great to see you and the whole MAMN12 gang again this summer.
Oh just a little something something. I reckon I should update my build thread at some point. You still got the same number? I'll send you a few pics in the mean time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts