TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
14,557 Posts
Oh I know! I'll make it out at some point. Not sure in what quantity yet as I've got a lot of maintenance for work in August on the weekends.

Oh just a little something something. I reckon I should update my build thread at some point. You still got the same number? I'll send you a few pics in the mean time.
I'll PM you my number just to confirm. Not sure I still have yours either.

Plan is for the 1MTNCAT to make its first competition track debut August 28, 2022. 11 years from the date where it made its last appearance on the track!

Rumor is also a possibility that Kevin Leitem will be attending and bringing his Pro Mod Thunderbird to the event as well. Can't wait to see it in person!

View attachment 49592
Cool! Glad to hear Kevin is still around. I think I met him a lifetime ago. His car is crazy fast!

Who is that thin, young guy in the Ford jacket?

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We've had a slight change of plans on the dyno day!!

Please note we must be there at the dyno at 8AM.

They are not normally there on Saturdays and have some things to do that day so they'd like to start earlier to get finished earlier. We will work on doing that for them.

I'm also planning to give a trophy for the highest horsepower Supercharged vehicle and highest HP NA vehicle on the dyno that day. Remember MN12, FN10's, Marauders, Fox chassis Birds and Cats.

So quit talking numbers and bring them. Lets see what you have on this dyno Remember cost is $75 dollars for 3 pulls.!!!!

We need to start getting this list together!!

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Dyno List:

John Speziele 92 Thunderbird SC
Steve Dugan 96 Cougar XR7
John Peters Lincoln Mark VIII
Sherman Vining 03 Marauder

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok folks! We are 3 weeks away and I need to begin final arrangements for this event. Anyone wanting to dyno please post up here so I can add to the list.

Those that are planning to attend please insure you have your reservations made soon at the Host hotel.

I need to have somewhat of a head count for Saturday for the picnic.

For those of you within the local area, couple of hours away, come on over. I see posts all the time about nothing to do on here. Bring your rides and enjoy some comraderie with those with the same interests.

Hope to see you here!

Reactions: driller

·
Administrator
14,557 Posts
As much as I'd like to attend I'm not going to be able to make it. My life is just too crazy right now to get away for the weekend.

Hope to see you in the Carolina's this fall Steve. Bring the Cat down and run in some mine shaft air at a low elevation down at Rockingham or Fayetteville after Thanksgiving or in early December.

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'll try to make it down. We'll see. We are really busy in trucking industry that time of year! Sorry you couldn't make it.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Hate to bring the bad news, but Fayetteville has been closed for a couple years, and Rockingham doesn't have any T&T's after this month. 1/4 miles runs are a little elusive for this area.

I just recently found out about Fayetteville. Supposedly, some racers bought the track and renamed it "Stunnaville Motorsports Park" (WTF?), but they don't have much on the schedule. They do claim to have a Freaky Friday once a month, but that used to be a very late evening race.

Rockingham has changed ownership, and they eliminated most of the T&T's, except for the heat of the Summer.

Al

·
Administrator
14,557 Posts
Hate to bring the bad news, but Fayetteville has been closed for a couple years, and Rockingham doesn't have any T&T's after this month. 1/4 miles runs are a little elusive for this area.

I just recently found out about Fayetteville. Supposedly, some racers bought the track and renamed it "Stunnaville Motorsports Park" (WTF?), but they don't have much on the schedule. They do claim to have a Freaky Friday once a month, but that used to be a very late evening race.

Rockingham has changed ownership, and they eliminated most of the T&T's, except for the heat of the Summer.

Al
Bummer! Thanks for the update. Yeah, a lot has changed with the pandemic closing things down for like 2 years.

I'll look around. There are a lot of other tracks in the Carolinas. Farmington, Zmax, Mooresville, Darlington, etc.

Reactions: 1MTNCAT

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Reservations are made and plans are to be in the hotel parking lot Friday night. I plan to be at the picnic Saturday whenever I awake after the shenanigans. LOL :ROFLMAO:

TrunkMonkey, line something up for late fall and I may just bring one of the Lincolns down. Hate to hear of tracks closing. Some of my best ETs were a few short years ago at Rockingham. Good times. Literally... LOL (y)

·
Administrator
14,557 Posts
Reservations are made and plans are to be in the hotel parking lot Friday night. I plan to be at the picnic Saturday whenever I awake after the shenanigans. LOL :ROFLMAO:

TrunkMonkey, line something up for late fall and I may just bring one of the Lincolns down. Hate to hear of tracks closing. Some of my best ETs were a few short years ago at Rockingham. Good times. Literally... LOL (y)
Sounds good. I'll see what I can do.

Reactions: driller

·
Registered
Mercury Cougar XR7
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
There has been a change of plans for Saturday. The dyno event has been cancelled this year due to other business obligations for the owners out of town that weekend and also due to lack of participation this year. We can schedule it another year! However, in its place I am looking into a cruise in/Car show in Williamsport MD just across the bridge in Maryland. Please let me know if there is interest in attending this. I will look into it more today. Thanks

21 - 34 of 34 Posts