TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im deciding which way i want to mount my muffler or mufflers mid body. i was looking at these mufflers http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FRC-5101&N=4294923429+4294922711+4294922710+4294891681+4294906128+4294788249+4294788248+4294906131+4294906122+4294904107+4294906132+4294904125+115&autoview=sku and im not sure if i mount 2 of them mid body that i will have ground clearance problems and if it will cause loss in back pressure having the pipes pretty much straight dumped right after the tranny:confused:

would it be better to get the dido muffler or would the seperate dual mufflers be a better pick of the 2? i plan on running 2 1/4 pipe from the manifolds back with 2 high flow magnaflow cats. not concerned about the drone since my 89 stang was dumped right at the axle with flowmasters lol.

I guess after the rambling above my main question is will having true duals give me bad back pressure instead of having the y-pipe or will it be fine with duals?

any help is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
if you're concerned about ground clearance, i think the di/do muffler would be best. putting two regular sized mufflers would be a very tight fit.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i kinda figured. i measured the spots where i'd put the single mufflers, and it looked like they would fit but they would hang down a little low. im not planning on lowering it, just might end up putting bigger tires in the rear to compensate for ground clearance.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
not to mention maybe save some money going di/do than buying 2 muffs.

id say go di/do true dual

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
ahaha eveyone goes with it cuz it the best sounding and prob performance setup for our cars lol

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
ohh i forgot...there is a company called Full Boar or something along those lines that makes a cheap but good sounding muffler. look around for Tony he has it on a green 96 4.6 i believe

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i got another question about my exhaust. i unhooked my rear o2's and my check engine light never came on even after driving it 20 miles. so that would mean that i dont have to have them hooked up right? say i put new pipe from the maifolds back with no cats, do i still have to weld in the o2 bungs for the rears or can they just be unhooked altogether?

seems how they dont test for emissions here im just gonna run straight pipe 2 1/4 to a DIDO muffler and have them dump right at the rear axle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
sorry to highjack but what you guys think about puting a single 3inch in/dual 2 1/2 out mid mount, wondering if id have enough back pressure to keep torque and not be to restrictive.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
might as well just go 2.5 in dual 2.5 out......whats ur reasoning for running the 3"?

·
5,650 Posts
94thunderchicken said:
ok i got another question about my exhaust. i unhooked my rear o2's and my check engine light never came on even after driving it 20 miles. so that would mean that i dont have to have them hooked up right? say i put new pipe from the maifolds back with no cats, do i still have to weld in the o2 bungs for the rears or can they just be unhooked altogether?

seems how they dont test for emissions here im just gonna run straight pipe 2 1/4 to a DIDO muffler and have them dump right at the rear axle.
The CEL didn't come on...yet. It will though. The computer won't set the CEL unless the catalyst efficiency is below threshold for several trips. It won't happen instantly. You'll either have to get 02 simulators or turn off the sensors with a tune.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts