TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have true duel 2 1/4 exhaust with no cats and 40 series flows in the rear. Has anyone ever mounted them in the front or the middle because I think it sounds better when there is piping after the mufflers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah? Well my car is lowered about 2 inches or so and it might be a problem. I know it would sound beautiful. I have heard it before, I think StephenC has a clip. I have heard alot of setup, but I must admit, it was the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard on an MN12.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
you can get them up closer to the engine, just it will rub all the time on STOCK height, so id consider that option out of the question for you

it does sound better though, when there closer and have piping after the muffs

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
don't forget about the droning, because they will drone

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yeah they will, but if your puting an exhaust on your car why worry about it, half the time with a droning exhaust my music just gets turned up more :D i dont know if mine drones b/c i dont even notice drone anymore, i think it does a little at 2k, but only b/c the piping isnt all the way out the back

·
Registered
468 Posts
JACOB said:
Yeah? Well my car is lowered about 2 inches or so and it might be a problem. I know it would sound beautiful. I have heard it before, I think StephenC has a clip. I have heard alot of setup, but I must admit, it was the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard on an MN12. [/QUOTE

you got it, i think stephenc is the only one that has real true dual setup, search for stehpenc's he has pics on here somewhere, i have not seen him here in a while thou, i have been planning this for my mark8 for the past 2 yrs, i have the muffler , ( i dont have hte tip or the x's soon to come thou, still thinking if i should get header shorties or l.t.
________
Honda FCX specifications

·
Registered
79 Posts
i put my mufflers in the middle and they barley have enough room to fit side by side but u loose probly 2 1/2 inches ground clearance. my cars not lowered and iver never herd them scrape anything.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I had mid-mounted mufflers for a VERY short time, and my car isn't lowered. I tore a hole in a muffler the week after I had them done, and took it in and had the whole exhaust redone. I lost at least 2" of ground clearance, and I would scrape them on big dips in the highway, and had to be careful of inclined driveways. It wasn't worth the hassle, so they went bye bye. It did sound good though.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Are there clearence issues with a single muffler in place of the third cat?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Ya know, I just LOVE the responses some people have here.. Realll simple!! :uppoint: :uppoint:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
See where the dips in the floorpan are on both sides of Scott's exhaust? That's the only place to put the mufflers, and you can see how much clearance you'd lose with 2 mufflers there.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
its kinda hard to put them there tho, b/c theyd hit the floorboards and rattle, or theyd rub everything, witch isnt cool either, i have my muffler mounted in place of the 3rd cat, it sounds good for what it is

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:
Ya know, I just LOVE the responses some people have here.. Realll simple!! :uppoint: :uppoint:
yup.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
id take a pic of mine but i basically have the same getup minus high flow kitties and the pretty undercar paintage, i think it sounds pretty good, i want a little bit diffrent sound though

·
Registered
146 Posts
wow its been too long since i've been under my car. However. It seems as if you would have enough room to install them where the cats where.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I was thinking of getting midmounted mufflers, but I am lowered. So I was thinking of putting two 6in round Dynomax Race Bullets on. Do you think i'd still scrape with those? Also, Im gonna out them on with shorty headers and no crossover, do ou guys think that would sound good?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm Mid-mounting my muffs. I'm gonna use The midget car borla muffelers.
I'll update my post with the link. be right back

They're bullet muffelers here

1 - 20 of 32 Posts