TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out.... whenever i rev my engine at WOT it reaches about 4500 then the revs start to drop then go up again and drop again... the exhaust popps and rattles like machine guns... i have custom dual h pipe exhaust with no cats, i have made a custom fabricated intake spacer above the black plastic intake and the metal intake elbow (where it says 0HC in red), i also know for a fact that the egr and all my 02 sensors arent working or are faulty (i used a scope and scanner) it sounds like crazy detonation but im not sure... would a faulty egr and lazy 02s cause a loss of rpm build at WOT? The only way i can achieve full WOT is to feather the acclerator past 4500 and build rpms slowly till redline... flat out flooring it causes me to loose rpms.... help me pls...

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Only the front O2's affect A/F ratio, so you could try swapping them first... sometimes you can get away with cleaning the EGR valve, but it might just need to be replaced.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I left one of my front O2s unplugged one time and it would bog really bad occasionally. I would also check TPS voltage just for good measure.
-Rob

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It actually sounds like a MAF to me. Check your fuel pressure and make sure it is strong all the way up. I would replace the bad parts, but I still think you have a bad MAF. The way to test it is to unplug it, key the car up twice, and then start it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
could be a maf...could be a tps....could be your o2s and egr....yours in the right direction....if those sensors are bad might as well go and replace them b/c untill you have gotten the ares you know are bad fixed....then you can see if the problem persists.....o2s for our cars are a bit crazy in price....tom might sell you his....i dont know....but fix the egr and o2s anyway b/c if there broken...why leave them like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts