TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 815 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time this was started. It might help keep the other threads on topic and shorter! (I know, I'm as guilty as anyone).

If you've got something to say to the other mid-west guys, or whatever, just post it here! :D

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Make sure you take lots of pictures of your cam swap....or else:D

Oh and how come your membership is expired buddy? Pay up!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL I already told the guys to bring their cameras cause there WILL be picture taking of the jobs. Though I'm getting them knocked down pretty good so far. I've still got the cam swap, the J-Mod, and some smaller jobs left like the Remote oil filter, the underdrive pullies, and the gauge cluster from the ashtray area.

I'm really looking forward to racing that Friday night. I emailed the professional photographer for MoKan dragway and told him there'd be a thunderbird club there that night. He said he'd be sure to get there. He takes great pics and often posts them on his photo studios website.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Rabble Rabble Rabble!

What, im "Chattering" :tongue:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL Rabble rouser.....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I can now drop a differential onto a jackstand, install aluminum differential bushings, and re-install it in 35 minutes. I still hate my car though. Michael, lets hope your car is friendlier than mine is, and doesn't develope tremmors.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
None yet, and I've put in the 3.27 trac-loc and the Mark VIII driveshaft. The Poly bushings came along with the TL.

You drop the differential on a jackstand? I use a hydraulic floor jack.

Today the Eibachs and KYB's are going in and maybe the Poly Transmission mounts if I get ambitious.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Wish I had some poly trans bushings to test... Something is totally screwed up, and I don't have the tools to find out why.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I knew about your aluminum bushings, just thought that the poly would transfer less vibration than the aluminum. Let me know how the aluminum works out, I may give that a try as well.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hehe, They haven't seemed to hurt the vibration any more than the stockers'. There is definately more gear noise now since there are more forces on the case that weren't there before. I notice a power delivery difference though, so I hope I can keep them.

I mainly bought them because the entire top half is different sized "Washers". It gave me a lot more pinion angle adjustability. I'm just not smart enough to adjust it correctly myself ;)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahh I see. Makes sense now. So they are more than just "bushings" but also shims for adjusting the angle. Cool.

Hey, anyone interested in a set of Sport Shocks with 80,000 miles on em? I just got the Eibachs and KYB's on the GT and have the sport shocks off of the LE. Thought someone might want to use em for drag racing. If not, they're hitting the trash.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Lets fill up the thread with nothing......:rolleyes:
LOL Thats why I thought this might work. It might attract those guilty of thread jacking and filling threads with generic stuff (not to mention any names ;) ) and keep them out of the more specific threads. Kinda like fly paper and a playpen in one. :D

AHHHH Lunch break. I've got the Eibachs and KYB shocks on. After lunch I start on the PBR's. The brakes really need to be done. I can't believe the wear on the front rotors! there is a ridge that must be at least 1/16" deep on both sides. (Inner and outer, both left and right) The rotors have NEVER been off of the car. I'm going to go ahead with Red on ther Calipers. I put some colored cardboard behind the wheels in front of the rotor and red didn't look that bad after all.

Gonna eat now

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL You'd think a moderator, let alone a super moderator, would set a little better example wouldn't you???

1 - 20 of 815 Posts