TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
leet sauce
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k guys i just got myself a creditline, so im about to get myself in debt :D

right now im running stock exhaust without mufflers.
I want to take out 3rd cat and put in this :

:D

I did search, but I still have a few questions.

1. are stock pipes 2.25 before and after 3rd cat and will this muffler be direct weld/bolton to the stock pipes?
2. anyone know of a cheap place to buy this muffler? (on ebay its like 90 or 100$ or something new). Or does any1 have one for sale on the board new/used?
3. any1 can suggest something different then magnaflow that will make exhaust sound 'beefier'?

im not expecting "crazy" mussle car sound out of this, but i think i need a midmount muffler to perfect the current exhaust sound. (dont wanna spend 2 much for dual exhasut setup)

also if any1 has chrome tips for sale feel free to msg me! thx!

thx for help ahead fo time

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Pipes off the cats are 2", after third cat it is 2.25", then splits back to dual 2" for stock setups.

Dual 2.25 in, Single 2.5" out with dual 15* slash cut 3"x22" polished stainless tips. System is for sale, local pick up only in Flint, MI, $100 with one small bend in passenger side tip. More pics can be found on the cardomain sight for my '95.

-Miller

·
Registered
514 Posts
i got my polished stainless tips from summit for 19.95 a piece 2.5 in 3.5 out 12" long part #sum-690057

you cant beat that price for some stainless tips!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Miller, where did you get those chrome band clamps, and do they ever leak? I've been looking for a set like that for nearly a year now.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I used the dual 2.25 in 2.5 out because the pipe I was going into was 2.5" and magnaflow did not offer 2" in 2.5" out. I just stepped it up where I cut the pipes you can kinda see in the picture right after the clamps. Honestly that's what I would recomend for you too, single 2.25" is too small for a 4.6 in my opinion,but if you want to use the stock pipes the one you have pictured would work.

As for the clamps they are stainless, I got them through summit but I believe you can get them at napa also. Never had a leak with them.

-Miller

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Miller, you have a PM

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
miller1995 said:
...As for the clamps they are stainless, I got them through summit but I believe you can get them at napa also. Never had a leak with them.

-Miller
I got the ones at NAPA, thanks. They leaked a little, but I just got some of that cheap metallic "exhaust tape" wrapped it around the seam, then put the band clamps on over that. Works great.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Egor, the last time i checked, the guy at the muffler show tol dme that those are reversible. so the muffler you have in ur first post could work. u face the dual out side toward the front of the car go single around gas tank then y off at diff. but IMO id go with the extra money to do di/do all the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts