TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i put an x pipe without cats on my 95 4.6 bird will dennis be able to fix the check engine light with his chip or will i have to buy mil eliminators? also anyone with dennis x pipe without cats....i have a question for you. are these a direct bolt in? meaning that the rear half of the exhaust will fit without modification or do i need to get new pipes run for the rear half of the exhaust? well i think thats about it.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
dennis can do anything you want (within reason).

as far as the X pipe, i would think it would be hard, and useless to try to use with the stock rear exhaust section. the pipe will create more backpressure at low rpm for a true dual exhaust setup, which is not on stock cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
x pipe or straight 2 1/2

j-rob should i go with the x pipe or just get two straight pipes from the headers all the way back to the mufflers. i know of a shop locally that will put them on. im going for performance here in the 2500-5000rpm band so let me know. also im not to worried about noise.

I need this car to beat a stock twin turbo supra. chick driver go figure.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Re: x pipe or straight 2 1/2

nitrofreak said:
j-rob should i go with the x pipe or just get two straight pipes from the headers all the way back to the mufflers. i know of a shop locally that will put them on. im going for performance here in the 2500-5000rpm band so let me know. also im not to worried about noise.

well first of all, i thnk thats a lofty goal. dont know the quarter mile times off the top of my head, but they haul arse.

anyway, an X pipe is always a good thing to add to a true dual system, it will give you the backpressure down low that will help you make torque.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks j-rob. monday dennis is going to be a happy man$$$$

thanks for your help and quick responses.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Re: x pipe or straight 2 1/2

nitrofreak said:

You really better go with more then exhaust if you want to beat a Supra.The old 87-88 single Turbo Supras would haul a$$ let alone a twin.I hope your name will back you up when you pull up beside her.
Read my sig. and I wouldnt pull up beside a twin Supra.Just my opinion though so I hope I didnt offend you.
Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not thinking of racing her with just exhaust. heres a list of what ill have done before i even think of racing her.

3000 rpm stall converter
3.73 gears
wide old tires
off road x pipe with straight thru mufflers
dennis chip
richard m intake
shift kit full race transgo
75 mm throttle body port matched
80mm maf
50-75 shot of nitrous
aluminuim driveshaft

i think thats it what do you think of my chances then? Hopefully she cant shift worth a darn.....praying.....

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Will be close......

You will pull her hard off the line so dont use your nitrous until you shift into 2nd.That is where she will come alive.I have twin x-pipes and noticed some low end tourqe loss.All I have is a chip,more to come.Dennis is selling x-pipes now.Give him a call.
Good luck and I will pray for your victory,
Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to say it man, even with your mods you better be praying she can't drive that car. I suggest you dissconnect a couple of her spark plug wires if you get an opportunity ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts