TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for a fall meet at Milan Dragway on Friday, October 12th!

Gates open at 6:00and run until ??? .

Bring your car out and get some good time slips. This would be a great way to close the season out.

Come on out and have some fun!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have marked it on my calendar. Hopefully I can make it and the weather will be cool for some good ETs.

Kevin

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll try to be there.
I got a stock car but it would be fun to see what a 17 year old car can do :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are plenty of stock cars there. We had a F150 with us last time that was doing mid 17's.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Are we still on for this?

I'm trying to get my friend with the ZL1 Camaro out for a few heads up runs.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still planning on going! I have to know my 1/4 time before the end of the season.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are we still on for this?

I'm trying to get my friend with the ZL1 Camaro out for a few heads up runs.
Sub 12 seconds with only 375whp on a car that weighs 2 tons?

The ZL1 has like 500whp and it runs about 12 on the quarter mile.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yes, sub 12 on a sticky track, in cool weather, with drag radials, 4.10 gears and a 3000 rpm stall TC. I've got the time slips. In warmer weather, the car tends to run mid 12s. And it weighs a bit less than you might think - 3850 lbs with me in it, thanks to the aluminum block, fiberglass hood, and skinnies on aluminum spare wheels.

The ZL1 has me way outgunned with 580 Hp, but my friend is still learning how to launch it, and he is running on street tires. His best run to date has been about 12.7 seconds. Chevy engineers have run an 11.9x on drag radials.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Another factor is how my setup responds to outside air temperature. The car made 375 Hp on a chassis dyno in a shop where the air temp was somewhere around 80 F. My two sub-12 second runs have been made then the air temp was in the low 60s F. Analyzing those runs with Quarter Jr software, the car must have been making at least 400 rwHp under those conditions.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I plan to be there and would love to be the 2nd Bird to leave your ZL1 friend behind on the strip :D

Kevin

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come on.. Its test n tune, bring what you have, daily driver, wife's car, ect... I might take the Fiesta down the track one of these days. :) Why not?????

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is always a slower can then mine at Test and Tune.. Not many, but some! :)

Regardless, we would welcome you to join us. If you have Mark VIII buddies that might be interested, invite them to come along!

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't post there. I will see if I can correct it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are getting pretty close to October 12th. Whos going? Bring your car out one more time for some good times (and a good time!).

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I'm still planning on being there! As you saw I've spread the word over at LOD and Bill says he might go with one of his Marks.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump..

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Test and Tune has been cancelled for Friday to make up for an event that was rained out! BUMMER!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts