TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gates open at 6:00PM and goes until ?? . Bring your car out and lets have some fun! Its test and tune night, so it doesn't matter what kind of shape its in. As long as your not leaking fluids all over the place, you can race.

You can also just hang out with us and maybe get some pictures with other cars. There is lots of room to hang out.

Come on out and hang out with some cool cars and awesome people! :cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hopefully I can make it !! Looks like Milan doesn't open till the weekend after easter. I saw that Lapeer is opening this saturday. Looks like this weekend is going to be nice. I might have to get the bird out this week and think about heading up to Lapeer this Saturday since I've got Friday and the whole weekend off.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I plan to be there on the 18th and look forward to meeting more of the MI Tbird owners/cars.

Kevin

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm planning on being there as well. Will likely be the last outing before I replace all the driveline parts and change the rear gears back to 3.73.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I'll have to check and see what I'm doing on May 18th. The Lincoln guys are going there on May 5th and I might be going to that one with the Mark - just to hang out and watch.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting pretty close.. Get your cars ready and come out! It should be a blast!

·
Registered
987 Posts
With good weather this will be big fun. I invited a friend from work who has a really nice but stock 1995 SC.

Personally I'm hoping to get to mess with some Mustangs. When I was at Milan last Fall I took down an otherwise stock GT500 on drag radials.

·
Super Moderator
12,067 Posts
Nice Mike! I'd like to have seen that.

Somebody get some video of your meet!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the camera but someone will have to be the video guy. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hopefully I will remember to charge and bring my miniDV camcorder and I plan to bring either my Dad or a friend with me, so there should be a "videographer" and I use that term very loosely.

I am afraid that with the recent weather up here it is going to be too hot and humid for the SVO cars to see good ETs, but it will be a fun time regardless. I just ordered new methanol nozzles this week to replace my old school homemade ones that may not be giving me optimal vaporization.

14 days and counting.

Kevin M

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah its been muggy, but its Michigan. The weather changes all the time.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump Bump Bump.. Good times ahead!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hope this beautiful weather holds out, if so, I am in!

Kevin M

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks like were in for good weather. I took a vacation day and plan on being there. Got the drag radials on last weekend and I'm ready to go !!

My brother is going to following me out there too. He's got a stock 1999 F150 with the 4.2 v6 and figures if he's gonna pay to watch her might as well spend a few bucks more and race.

See you all Friday !!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friends coming with his truck. Looks like we will have a little bit of a war of the trucks!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bumpity! Gates open at 6:00 and testing starts right after. I am leaving Downtown at 4:00! Come on out and lets GO!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I plan to leave Farmington Hills no later than 5, but hopefully more like 4:30 in case of traffic.

Kevin M

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well, I am back home safe and sound and no mishaps with the car, so it was a good night. Unfortunately temps and humidity did not allow for bests from myself or Mike. My best was [email protected] 110.61 and I think Mike's was [email protected] 111.34, but he can correct me if I am wrong ;-). I think CometGSR was hitting 15.6 and QkTbird did a all time best of 13.56. It was great to meet all of you and I hope we can do it again, but maybe not until the fall when the temp and humidity are down. I still have aspirations to see a 11.99, but don't know if she has it in her or not.

KevinM

P.S. I do have some videos, but I will have to get them downloaded and reduced, then I will post them up.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was nice to meet Mike and Kevin today. Their rides are awesome and caused quite a stir at the track. It was also great to hang out with Jon and his brother. Here are a few pics..

As for me, I got a 15.6 @ 89.8 MPH. Pretty typical for warm weather driving(remember, I drive a 1995!) :D My new Michelin Pilots hook up really nice.

·
Registered
987 Posts
A good time was definitely had by all. Great cars and great people, which is what I like best about the car hobby!

I made five runs, all in the 12s. As noted, weather conditions were not going to let us obtain the best from our rides. I've been in the high 11s twice, and I've seen Kevin run a 12.18 (while watching his taillights), so I know what these cars can do. My best time for the night was my last run, which was 12.69 at 111.6 MPH. I tried several different approaches to the burnout (which is critical for my car given the amount of torque it makes) but could not get the 60' lower than 1.90. In the end, using my old burnout method and brake torquing at the line produced the best results.

On my first run, the car handled weird and did not seem to want to go straight. Back in the lanes, we discovered that the left DR was really low on pressure. I had checked the tires at home before going to the track, so this was a surprise. Turned out to be a loose insert in the valve stem. Once tightened, the tire held pressure and the rest of my runs were uneventful.

We should definitely do this again, but preferably in October so the SVO cars can show their full capabilities.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts