TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never raced my car at a dragway before, but I want to do it this year. I know pretty much everybody in the MI chapter goes to Milan. I went to their website for some info, but I'm still not sure when they have their "open drags. Is that what they call their Test & Tune? If I remember right it seemed like most of the Test & Tunes where earlier in the day; any night Test & Tunes?

What do you guys do to prepare to go to the drags?
Take your spares out, try to come with as little gas as possible in the car? I should have a 14 sec car is there anything special about what I need to wear or bring?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
If I read right test and tune is pretty much every Wednesday and Friday except when noted.
Yes open drag is test and tune just a different name. Last time I went to the track I still had everything in my car that I would have on a normal day. It is a good idea to empty the trunk a little bit. I also got there with a 1/4 tank of gas too and filled up as I left not before.
If you want more info go to tech articles and look at racing tips

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
depends on what ur looking for if ur looking for every tenth there is you will have to take out as much weight from the car and maybe get some drags if you think u will run 14's, not alot of people from here go to the dragstrip i been tryin to get somethin together maybe this year will have more interested people.

jurgen

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Hey Jurgen you know I'm gonna be there!!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
They open april 1st. I'll be out there this sunday the 2nd. If anyone wants to meet, I'll be the white 99gt with horrible 60' times (street tires Lol)

·
Registered
491 Posts
They do, I just got the schedule in the mail

1 - 7 of 7 Posts