TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have 381 miles to this tank and no check gauges light! ofcourse this is 99% highway

what do you guys/gals get mileage wise to a full tank

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
yea last time it was that way, and i wasnt abusive to the car.... 37X before the low fuel light popped on. averaging between 70 &75 mph

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
About 310 before the light comes on (but then again my fuel gauge is F'd after the gauge face swap) on 85% hwy/15% city averaging about 58 mph.

That's about 15 gallons...about 21 mpg (in subzero snowy weather too)

BTW - I'm hitting a consistant 44 mpg in the Prius in the same ****ty weather.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
when i just had my intake, full dual exhaust, and JET chip I did about 450 on a full tank highway only

·
Registered
123 Posts
just today i filled up with low fuel light on. oh yeah, i had only gone 199.9 miles. that is a whopping 13 mpg. i cant seem to figure out why i am running so rich that i am literally wasting that much gas

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I made it from Reno back home to Oregon on a tank without turning on the light last summer, and that is about 400 miles (Mapquest says 396 mi).

·
Registered
789 Posts
101. But its really cold and only a mile or so to work. Best was ~320 mostly highway.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
About 200 to the light with everyday driving....the car really needs a tune, too damn rich...

-Miller

·
Registered
917 Posts
my 96 got exactly 212 every week with basic city driving (old car)

my brother said his 95 gets about 240 with same conditions

and my 97 gets around 220~240 with country driving (new car)

all are 4.6's

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Got 420 in the bird once, but it literally shut off about a mile from the station and I was able to coast downhill into the station. Filled it up with 18.75 gallons.

My truck has made it 700 miles, but it has two tanks.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
with the supercharger on preium gas

250-300 highway

200-250 city

·
Registered
514 Posts
I get about 200-250 now that its running decent and I got rid of that stupid misfire. better than the 160 i was getting

·
Registered
844 Posts
180-200 on 3/4 of a tank. After an incident with the '92, I always leave a 1/4 tank cushion

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Some guys have the 3.73 or 4.10 gears so rpms are going to be alot higher...poor fuel econ for performance.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Per tank is not a good comparison. We all fill up at different times. When I'm used to a car and my driving is consistant I can get very close to empty. This will change that number. Greenbird included his fill after the mileage per and that's really the only way to compare.

Since it's mileage per tank the thread asks for I was usually cracking 500kms (300miles) and did a 600 (360) after a straight highway run.

Fill up for me was usually about 55-60L.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I get 280 almost every tank to the light coming on, and filling with 15 gallons. More specifically around 18 mpg in 100% city driving, in the 97 with a tune from Lonnie burning 91, 3.27 gears.

I get 290 miles in the 89 Cougar, but I usually put in 17 gallons at that point (different amount left when it wants me to get gas, and larger gas tank) so around 17 mpg.

I got 28 mpg on the one trip it has been on (a TCCoA meet in Phoenix) in the 97, same trip the 89 got 23 mpg (yes I took both cars to the meet since I was the only one with Cougars I wanted them represented, if not well, then by sheer numbers) , I have a 2000 Grand Marquis for anything that involves driving longer than 20 miles (but for no other reason than it hold my family of 4 better and I want it to get all the high accumulated miles).

My wife gets 350 miles to the light in my 2000 Grand Marquis (with 2.73 gears), and that is around 19 mpg, strictly city miles too. It is in dire need of some 3.27s, like my 97 is in need of some 3.73s.

Miles to the tank is not a good gauge, you need to try to figure it out mpg which even with variances with how full you actually get it, is more precise and meaningful unless you try to go a mile further than you can on a tank.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
I usually get between 300 and 325 with a good mix of highway and city driving. Just a couple weeks ago I got 370 with mostly highway driving at 70-80 mph.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
Miles per tank isn't really good for me, either...

I fill up every 3 days, whichever car...

The last two tankfulls were :

Red cougar @196k mi 311.4 mi/13.903 gallons=22.39mpg

Black Cougar @116k mi 346.1mi/14.476 gal=24.89mpg (New IAC, tires)

Both are 90%highway miles, 48mi one way, everyday. I can hit 30mpg on either, by not putting my foot in it, but where's the fun in that?

I had a week a few weeks ago, that I ended up hitting the interstate at the same time as a local State Trooper; I made 34mpg those days, lol...

I write down mileage everytime I fill up; it's a good way to track oil wear, and potential problems.

I think the big difference in the red car is the transmission; It's about toast. It will still burn first, but it slips hitting second, now. the black one will still bark third...

I nail the limiter every day, just to make sure it still works...these cars see redline every time I drive them; they're just so much FUN!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts