TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 cougar. The headlights work fine but the parking lights, running lights, and dash lights have quit on me. I checked all the fuses under the hood and in the fuse box inside the car. They are all good. Although, for some reason, there is a 30 amp fuse in the taillight slot and it is labeled a 15. The cruise control, clock, and aftermarket head unit have all lost power too. We took the headlight switch out and replaced it with a new one and still no lights, radio nothing. We were told to jump the lights by taking a paperclip and routing the power from the "r" prong to the "i" prong and thus giving the running lights and dash lights circut power. The lights came on and everything worked fine using a paperclip. So we thought it was the switch itself but replacement of the switch doesn't change anything, as stated above.

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
89 Posts
did you replace the headlight switch or the multifunction switch? The next thing to look at, but is VERY expensive is the itegrated relay control module. Just about every accesory is routed throught this wonderful piece of engineering art (note the sarcasm).

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Check all of your fuses and/ or replave them all. Most important is the run fuse. Had all kinds of electrical problems with my 94 Bird.
--Craig

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just to clarify my previous reply I had a short in the multifunction switch which would bloww my eec main power fuse (under the hood) and the whole car would die. There are a lot of things that can go bad in the mf switch and cause a lot of different problems because it is routed through the integrated relay control module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts