TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had a collision yesterday that basically ripped off my front bumper and destroyed my turn signals, but spared my headlights (go figure). There were these plastic pieces right behind the lights that were, well, rather messed up, and that was about the extent of the damage, at least I think. And naturally the plastic outside of the bumper is rather messed up. Hah.

So I was wondering, what would be some of the parts, with numbers if you can, that I would need to start putting things back together? It's a '97 Cougar, for reference. Thanks in advance. :D

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
hmm so far i can think of,

header panel,
bumper cover,
turn signals,

did the fenders get messed up at all??

·
5,650 Posts
Red96Bird said:
hmm so far i can think of,

header panel,
bumper cover,
turn signals,

did the fenders get messed up at all??
In addition, you might also need the front bumper impact absorber (the foam thing behind the bumper) if it's broken. And as previously mentioned, if the reinforcement bar is bent, it'll either need to be replaced or just maybe it can be salvaged (although I don't know if a shop will go with that). Other than that, if there's no sheetmetal damage that's all you'll need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The driver side fender is a bit dented, and the metal bumper was bent, but my dad bent it back into place with a sledgehammer, so it seems okay. (This is my dad's account, but the car is mine.) Miraculously, the black styrofoam thing (front bumper impact absorber) survived just fine.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Alot of people dont know about this place but look up Certifit.com. They have the header panels for around $50. If you need 96/97 headlights send me a pm. I can get Ford OEM 96/97 headlights for $120 a set or less.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
certifit only delivers to auto body shops...

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
But if there is one near you it can be picked up. One of the other guys here has bought a header panel from them.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
umm yea, it's called an impact absorber. It's a molded block of dense foam, the front and rear bumber should have one directly behind the boot...

look through the two vent holes in the front bumper and you should see it, the stock one is painted black, looks like foam.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've heard something about turn signals and different seals on them. Are there some that are better than others?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts