TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a small fender bender. but my fender now has buckled outwards over the wheel well a bit like this ---> ) The damage is so minor. but you can tell some bending where the fender bolts to the car. Isnt there some way to pull the fender to straighten it back? maybe something i can do on my own?

Also have crack in lower valance of bumper.. thinking epoxy?

Obviously i took it to a bodyshop and he wanted to replace everything and do the most costly methods. quoting me for 1200 for new bumper,fender, and paint.

you can move this to the exterior forum for me, thanks.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I dont think there is a way to pull a buckled fender straight. You could try to get a used one from a wrecker and have it painted, way cheaper than getting parts through shops. For the crack, epoxy should hold it together.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i really dont want to do that because then the fender paint wont match the rest of the car. i wish i could just bend it back into place.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If you try to pull it straight it will be wavey. If isnt really noticeable it may just be best to leave it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
body hammers and dollies work great for that kind of stuff.
of course the panel will be wavy but thats why they make body filler if its bad enough.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Thats how its done but it doesnt sound like he wants to have to paint it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts