TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my "Check Engine" lite came on. I took off the gas cap, and reseated it, and the lite went out. I had filled up before it happened, and I can't remember if I installed the gas cap correctly.
Curious, are codes stored, and the lite doesn't come on?
Would like to buy a scanner, would appreciate input.
Also, my multifunction switch probably needs attention. Every once in awhile, the turn signal (LEFT or RIGHT) beats at a very high rate. Can I spray some sort of electrical cleaner into it?
Finally, the "Low Colant" lite comes on randomly. I have emptied the overflow reservoir, removed it, washed it to get rid of any sediment. I noticed that the sensor, has two metal tabs on it, I tried cleaning them, and they appear to be very rusty in color. Maybe the sensor needs replacing? Can I use some type of abrasive cleaner on the two tabs, or is that not advisable?
Would appreciate any comments.

·
5,650 Posts
These cars don't have a fuel tank pressure sensor, so a loose or missing gas cap won't trigger any CEL. You have another problem. The code should still be stored.

There is a thread about cleaning the MFS. Search and you'll find it.

You could use an abrasive cleaner on the coolant sensor. It won't hurt it. There are also replacement sensors available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts