TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Contour; which exhaust fits the 2l dohc?

Are there any forums still active?
Sorry to hi jack thread. There is a beautiful mint condition green SVT contour my neighbor has. For the last 3 years I thought it was a SHO with cobra wheels. It is for sale and I am thinking about buying it and using it for a DD. Are these cars worth buying I don't know much about them.

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts
Sorry to hi jack thread. There is a beautiful mint condition green SVT contour my neighbor has. For the last 3 years I thought it was a SHO with cobra wheels. It is for sale and I am thinking about buying it and using it for a DD. Are these cars worth buying I don't know much about them.
We shouldn't trash MM's thread with junk, but I'd look for something that has more parts available, like a Focus.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Moved to it's own thread.

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,043 Posts
The Contour SVT is probably the closest thing to a spiritual successor of the first gen Taurus SHO IMO. They suck to work on and they are another victim of Ford's 1990s obsession of putting plastic components in the coolant tract, in the Contour's case the water pump :rolleyes:, but if you're used to MN12s they're about as reliable and DD worthy... Of course if I lived in Florida I wouldn't bother with a daily driver.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I will pass on it, I wasn't sure if there was something special about it.
The reason I like to have a DD in Florida is. If you seen how these old people drive down here and how many fender benders their are. You take a pristine car with no replacements parts on the road everyday is nerve racking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts