TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Rust starts underneath look there for a better idea of how clean it is. IM glad canada likes birds as much as the US, I wonder how many were imported.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Probably pretty clean, says winter stored and only 87 k, that's only 54,000 miles. It's the winters that kill our cars.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My 95 was winter stored "sometimes" too according to the previous owner, but most likely in some type of shack or small barn. By the looks of the neighborhood hopefully this storage was a nice garage.

Update:

I called him and he said it has zero rust and was dealer maintained only, totally original, 1 or 2 small scratches only. But he confirmed something I suspected, he doesn't "really want to sell it" and needs the firm price of $5,000 which in my opinion is too high for me and quite a bit above book value. Also considering it's stock.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I was looking at a couple of cars before getting my 97 and in all cases where the car had severe problems the owner was never in a hurry to sell, didn't want to sell and wanted firm price.

That's a sign for me to get out of there. One car had a totally shot transmission, another was just total junk that had the ball joint break at highway speed, had the window track ripped up in a break in, the interior was destroyed and it had weird **** done to it.

When someone " doesn't want to sell" a serious problem is being hidden and they are waiting to sell to someone who knows nothing and will pay thei outrageous price.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't matter now I'm going to try tackling restoration on what I got.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts