TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out my intake manifold because my old one cracked so it went well. It starts and idles fine but has a misfire under load. When I drove it seems like it got better but it's not good. I suspected a fuel injector because I have no cel and when I pulled the rail, my number 4 injector popped all the way out and I had to reset it. Now what I've done was unplug each injector and saw that number 4 is the only one that has no change when unplugged. So could it just be o rings? It doesn't leak fuel. And no coolant in the plug wells.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked my ltft's and bank 1 was 1.20, bank 2 was .98. So basically, bank 1 is running lean due to (my guess) a bad injector. I dont understand why it would just stop working but I guess I'll swap it out with another one I have and see if it works.

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
If cylinder 4 is misfiring, swap the injector to 3, the plug to 2, and see if which one it follows, or if it stays put. If it stays in 4, first try swapping the plug wire with another, and if that doesn't work, you'll have to go deeper into figuring out what got messed up on that cylinder.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wire was shot. I might have stepped on it during the swap by accident so the contact was effed. It's all good now. I should have clarified my question. Basically I was asking if seeing no change when unplugging the injector meant that it was the injector, or just a misfire on that cylinder. Now I know it just means you foud your misfire, now you have to figure out why.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Water in spark plug holes from not draining block before starting intake job? I know I've done this a few times lol

Damn, just saw you found it was the wire. Congrats! :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Water in spark plug holes from not draining block before starting intake job? I know I've done this a few times lol

Damn, just saw you found it was the wire. Congrats! :)
There was most definitely water in the wells but I cleared it all out after I bled the cooling system so I knew that wasn't the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts