TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

I'm very suspect to think its the Intake Manifold but my gut says head gasket... So anywho. I now I have this giant missfire going on, and there is now coolant constantly ontop of my injectors. Also the oil seems to foamy which would mean that there is Coolant in it... I also replaced the Plugs and Wires recently.

So is it Intake Manifold, is this Recalled at all?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
So,

I'm very suspect to think its the Intake Manifold but my gut says head gasket... So anywho. I now I have this giant missfire going on, and there is now coolant constantly ontop of my injectors. Also the oil seems to foamy which would mean that there is Coolant in it... I also replaced the Plugs and Wires recently.

So is it Intake Manifold, is this Recalled at all?

Thanks,
Ryan
If you are getting coolant on top of your injectors, I doubt it is a head gasket. Sounds more like a leaky intake to me. And as far as your misfire goes, if you are leaking that much, chances are coolant is getting down into your sparkplugs and getting the plugs and wires wet causing a misfire....been there done that!!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
coolant in oil won't be foamy, it will be chocolate milk.

It is a very common issue, my 97 had two blow out, one under warranty, the other one later. There are other causes, but the composite crossover cracking is very very common.

Not gonna be covered under the recall, well past the time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Coolant in the oil can have a foamy appearance depending on how long it has been in the crankcase. I have seen several GM 350 Vortecs as well as various other motors that developed lower intake gasket leaks and when they were opened up there was this yellow/white foam like stuff everywhere there was supposed to be only oil.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Either intake, gaskets or both as they are both prone to failure. Are you having any overheating problems or eratic temp gauge fluctuations?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No no temperature issues, warms up a decent rate if not kinda slow. Gauge is never eratic.

If I do need a Intake, what do I get?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well here in the states you can get the Factory replacement one with the metal crossover or at the shop I work at we install the Dorman one which comes with all the gaskets and parts needed to replace it. It also has a metal crossover as that is the part that most commonly fails. We buy them from our local parts supplier but I know that you can also buy them online at RockAuto.com. DORMAN Part # 615178

·
Registered
917 Posts
dont drive it you will do more damage

·
5,650 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
search the PI INTAKE thread I made, there's a lot of good info on it. I'm just too lazy to look it up ATM.

FWIW I have the COMPLETE PI intake swap setup (INCLUDING RTV) FS... $250 shipped TO CANADA including ALL ford gaskets and all parts are Ford OEM, and also includes a 96/97 specific coolant crossover.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since the coolant was running along the front overtop of the injectors am I going to need new injectors?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts