TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a misfire when I start it up when its hot. Sometimes it does it sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes its so bad the engine dies unless I rev it. Whats the problem?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
When was the last time it had a tune up? Dirty MAF, dirty fuel filter? Could be the IAC too. Do you have a CEL?

Jay

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
try replacing your ignition module. they start to act up when they get warm. it's the grey box thats bolted to a metal box near your air filter. i had to same problem.

·
5,650 Posts
An IAC would not cause a misfire. I would check the plugs/wires, especially the wires. There is no ignition module on the car so don't go and try replacing that. It's likely to be either the plugs, wires, or the coil. Start at the cheapest and work your way up. You can check the condition of the plugs and spray water on the wires in a dark place or at night to see if the wires are still good.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
im not sure if DIS's have a ignition module or not. i have a 94 which is still distributor driven. but that was the symptoms/fix that solved my problem.

·
Registered
316 Posts
same problem with mines..i fixed it with plugs and wires, so either or could have been the problem...

you might also want to run some injector cleaner, make sure your getting enough fuel when hot.

·
5,650 Posts
im not sure if DIS's have a ignition module or not. i have a 94 which is still distributor driven. but that was the symptoms/fix that solved my problem.
It's not a matter of whether it's DIS or not. It's a matter of whether it's full OBDII or not. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts