TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys here comes the novel. My car has been running bad for the past 5 months.It started out as a misfire and got alot worse. I first had the wires and plugs changed seemed to help for a day.Then went back to same thing.Then it also started to stumble like it had no fuel or spark.I would floor it for about 30sec then let off would drive fine for maybe 10 sec. and would have to do it agian.when it does this the tack bounces and the air bag light and check engine light flashes.It will not store codes. I took it to school they said my pc was bad.we could not get the hypertech to come off or the snap on tool to read my original computer. I bought a used one from xl-tasy.It drove fine for 2 weeks with still the slight misfire but no stumbling.Then after that it came back misfire and all. The computer was a mbe2 from lx-tasy while my original was a mbe1.I have replaced alternator/iac motor/tps/egr valve and sender/pcv valve fuel filter/cam sensor/new battery terminals/cleaned the maf/and i just bought a new pc matching my old original today but not installed yet. the alternator was changed because of over charging.I have had some mech classes and have check and changed parts that i thought where related to the problems. I have not had it to a dealer sence the plugs and wires they put on. please help!!!

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also the fuel pressure checks fine while running and is set at 31b psi on the dyno a year and a half ago and still reads 31. with key on engine off 10 psi and doesn't hold pressure for 5 min when car is turned off liked it's supposed too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sounds like the EEC is malfunctioning or maybe a fautly pressure relay or something along those lines.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You have one of those problems that no matter who looks at it, they can't figure it out either. Once you find this problem and fix it, you will have mastered the beast and never sell it. If the engine runs good and all the sudden starts to buck for no particular reason, then maybe it runs good all of the sudden, I would highly suspect a direct ignition electrical problem. Two things will no doubt make the car buck. 1) You have one or two bad Ignition coils. Coils generally give you the most problem when the engine is hot, but not always. 2) If the engine runs good and it seems to peter out until it won't go, then I would strongly suspect a fuel delivery problem. 3) This one in particular concerns our cars. It's the situation that I had when no one could figure it out. The crank shaft positioning senor wires. Put the car on a lift with all four whells of the ground. Find the crank sensor connection. pull it off and clean it with electrical cleaner. Could be just the connection, but I found the wires were getting pinched and broke right at where the wiring crosses under the AC compressor bolt. Pull the wire covering off just to confirm. This situation is due to worn out motor mounts. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts