TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when I did my Exploder swap everything went ok, but dumb me I forgot to plug the front Pass O2 sensor and I fried it on my way to get a new exhaust done. Well, a couple of months passed and I decided to "fix" the problem. So I bought the harness from another cougar and put it on right, well, after I hooked up everything, I fired it up let it run for a while and then I reset the EEC. Well, after that, it misfired REALLY badly, it really sucked because I need to floor it for the car to get some power, on first, it's really slow, but after I floor it, it's normal. Of course I had my engine light on because of the O2 but after the reset it went off. If I take the O2 off, I know it will work way better than when I had the O2 on. How can I fix the problem? I dont a chip for the new engine, Im running my stock EEC.

Israel

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Get her tuned and she will love you.

The front ones help determine the A/F ratio, so if it's running like crap, something is up with that 02 sensor. Try cleaning it, for go out and buy new OEM 02 sensors.
Don't buy some after market 'performance ones.'
Have you checked spark plugs? (just in case)

I would get a tune..... if it's still running like crap, then I would get new 02s.
You are running a PI engine on a NPI tune??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts