TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a miss fire when the car is warmed up but as soon as you put it in drive it makes a bumping sound but its not consistent. what could it be i am so lost, i took it to a mechanic he said i had a slight miss fire on cylinders 2,4,7 but the more i thought about it i think its the coil pack. i have new autolight plugs (xp104) but the wires are 6 years old? possible problem? i don't know please help.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
is the CE light on?? Also if u can start it at night and see if there is any arching between the wires

·
Registered
51 Posts
Coil packs I had the same problem for months couldnt figure it out replaced fuel pump, filter, injectors, the plugs and wires were new at the time. Everyone told me the coilpacks rarely go on these cars so I never changed them. Then I was like ahh wtf 1 more part wont hurt got screamin demons and my car has run perfect since.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i haven't tryed the coil packs but i did clean them out just incase if any crud got in there. i haven't seen any arcing on the wires... well have to try that later. i have new plugs, MSD wires, fuel filter is about a year old, i have run injector cleaner threw the injectors it got alittle better. fuel pump is orignal. i don't have a cel light but the more i think about it it may be the coil packs. but the injectors are stock orignals maybe a problem???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts