TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 95 stock bird,at cruising speeds it will start missing for no apparent reason after a couple of minutes it smooth out runs fine for a while then does it again, Got new plug wires. I checked for vacummn leaks don't see any. I unpluged the
condenser didn't seem to help. I check the fuel pressure it was at 35 psi at idle I thought maybe the filter was pluged. any ideas on what to check next
Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I unplug the condenser at the coils I read in another thread that they sometimes cause a problem. No I haven't chaanged the plugs, they don't have a lot of miles on them. I didn't clean the MAF but did change it with another that I had. Not sure the quality of it, but I do have another one on my daily driver that I know is good I change them tonight

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the MAF off my car on this car it seem to solve the problem. Now another problem. this seems to be a bit odd. At 55 MPH and up, there is a tone ( for lack of better description) coming from what sounds like under the dash but more likely from the engine compartment. anyone had this problem?

·
Super Moderator
10,580 Posts
a tone like a goose? lol
That is an IAC issue; I've heard that before.

You can clean it, but I'd buy one.

And clean the original MAF.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after diciding the MAF was the problem I cleaned the old one worked for awhile this the same problem. I checked the t fitting didn't see anything there. The thing is I pulled this motor from another 95 and it ran great now I'm having these issues

·
Registered
220 Posts
after diciding the MAF was the problem I cleaned the old one worked for awhile this the same problem. I checked the t fitting didn't see anything there. The thing is I pulled this motor from another 95 and it ran great now I'm having these issues
check all your connections, and vac lines. make sure everything is plugged in perhaps you missed something during the swap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car was warm when I started I drove 8 miles car ran fine, stopped for a stop sign car started
running rough at idle. After this it seemed that when you tried to accelerate it would stumble for a bit then run right. got back to the garage unpluged the MAF went for anothler ride it ran better. Stopped an plug the Maf back in it poorly again.

A couple of questions
how should it run with maf unpluged
What are the chances of a new maf being bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts