TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope its ok to put here seeing how it is supercharged.Ok Before I get too crazy with this I want to ask you guys. I seemed to have devolped a multiple missfire on my car. All mods and unstock parts are in the sig.

Anyway, I ended up getting an missfire in the car. Very seldom did it happen.As soon as I felt It I order factory motorcraft wires. The car has SP494 motorcraft plugs in it too.Brand new. I changed the wires and realized that one of the wires had barely touched the serp belt causing it to wear the rubber around the wire. So I changed the wires and all is good. I go to the race track and the car was running really good so I figured that must have been the fix. Well I made 5 passes and brought the car home. I let it sit for a week and last night I got in the car and drove it to a near by town. The car drove fine all the way there. Now when I go to leave and come home I get in the car and half way home the car starts missfiring again. But this time it was to the point where it was hard to drive. I poped the hood and everything was just as it should be. But I did notice the coolant hose was right up against the coil. Somthing I never paid too much attention to.

Also I am running Meth injection on the car. I did adjust it to make it alittle more sensitive on the track. If it is spraying too much could it be soaking the cylinders?The car is also throwing a bank1&2 lean due to a vac leak I believe. Has a 90LMAF on it.But I know if the MAF is bad it could also do this. What do you guys think?

Bad MAF?
Meth is too sensitve?
Or the coil pack is too hot from touching the coolant hose?

Thanks for any and all help.

Larry

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
maybe
maybe
maybe too hot, or possibly just failing

have an extra set of coil packs to throw on it temporarily?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No but I can get some from the junkyard tomorrow. I had another tune stored on my xcal which was 2% leaner.I installed it and the miss went away till the car warmed up.Im starting to think when the car goes into closed loop is when it missfires which is making me think the MAF is bad. If so looks like ill need a 90 lmaf.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well here is my missfiring problem. Cylinder 3 plug.Odd seeing how these plugs are new. But shortly after this started the car threw a light. P0113 IAT code. Which means the sensor went south and I spark knocked the motor. Still hasnt been verified that it did this to the plug but I am assuming it was.Untill I get it confirmed by Robert.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Did you pull the SVO off your dad's bird or did you pick up another one??

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled it off my dads car. We had other plans for that but they got derailed. He was forced to sell it.Fortunatly another member from this board picked it up. Borf is his screen name. Good guy and is already taking great care of the car. We didnt want to sell it but he had to.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Ya I know sometimes things happen. If I had known I would be driving a mustang now I would have pulled it off the bird too. :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Its for the better.RobertP has helped me alot. Sold me a smaller pulley and walked me thro a bunch of trouble shooting. Both cars are running great tho. Your old car made a 6 hour trip to CT without issue or a tune. The new owner is suppose to have it tuned and dynoed here very soon so hopfully the shop can dial it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts