TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
misses on hills and moving from a stop doesnt smooth out till 70 mph any help?just replaced leaking intake gaskets had new wires and plugs a month before it started leaking.its still all stock,want to know if mustang gt heads for 4.6 2v will work?

·
Registered
220 Posts
have you tried pulling trouble codes? could be bad plugs, wires, coil, tps or maf. i just fixed a similar issue on my '95.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
check for moisture in the spark plug bores

·
Super Moderator
9,248 Posts
I had misfire when the engine was under load after it rained heavily. Changed the plug wires using dielectric grease on both ends to seal it up and the problem, so far, has gone away...

·
Registered
55 Posts
probably coolant made its way into a spark plug hole or two. And that probably is shorting out the wire.

Take off the plug wires one by one and look for moisture/antifreeze.

blow out said antifreeze from the plug hole, remove plug and clean it off, re-install with dielectric greese on the inside of the plug wire, and I bet it'll run like new.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
took a look at the plugs and wires they have moister but they seem fine will get the dielestric grease see if that fixes it ill keep going

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no vac leaks found anywhere.still running rough a little c-4 may do the trick but i aint that far yet

·
Super Moderator
10,578 Posts
I just had to replace a set of wires from boiling them in coolant; yours are probably bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my wires were wet on the right side but the left were completly dry,#4 was looking like it was burned it was black the electrode and all was black.#1 not firing at all still looked new its been in for 3,000 miles would i have a coil problem they look original and it has 209,000 on it should they be replaced?

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Most likely.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cleaned the plugs andused some dielectric grease.the#one is firing now and the one that was black is now clearing up i drove it about 100 miles yesterday and it started clearing up.still misfiring and ive checked the vac.lines and found none leaking,whats next a new engine?

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
How about those coils?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Driving with a miss/bad wire for a long time will eventually make the coil pack(s) go bad, at least in my experience. I would not replace the coil pack(s) until I knew 100% for sure that they were the culprit.
-Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
plugs r about a month old so i used my plug cleaner on the ,it's a tool run by the air system i use in the garage,snapon sells them

·
Registered
518 Posts
What kind of plugs/wires did you buy?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts