TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
cruising
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of this car had removed the sensor right under the throttle body. Before i put one back in, is their any problems with leaving it the way it is?
Thanks

Zack

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Yeah its for the EATC / Air conditioner, the Cold Engine lockout switch. Prevents blower operation when heating is required and coolant temp is below 120 degrees. If your AC isnt working properly you can just ground it and it will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
Actually, the CELO doesn't affect the A/C, but the heat.

Its purpose is to keep the EATC from demanding high fan to heat the car until there's some heat available.

RwP

·
Registered
5,417 Posts

Its purpose is to keep the EATC from demanding high fan to heat the car until there's some heat available.

RwP
While in the AUTO selection only.

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts

RwP
While in the AUTO selection only.
True. However, if I put the blower on something besides "AUTO", I'm the one demanding the fan speed, not the controller :diablo:

But point taken for correction.

RwP

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know this thread is a little old but I didnt see the need for a new thread when this answers half my question.
What im still curious about the cold engine lock out is if the A/C has been disconnected should this still function properly on the heater circuit?
My car tries blowing full speed right at start up if its on "Auto". Is it a switch issue or due to the A/C not functioning properly?

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
It's not for the A/C, but the HEATER.

So if it's not connected, you'll get full fan as soon as the ECC boots up.

RwP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts