TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
once again.. some scum of the earth is trying to mess w/ me and my $$

purchased a copy of xp pro from a "legit" seller.... no item.. auction paid Dec 18th

his name is timothy slover ebay had his location set at Macon, MO

quick search produced this information:

Tim Slover

If anyone knows these people or can assist me w/ contact information from the missouri area.. you guys would rock..

lmk what you can do
Jim

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
That's less than 2 hours from me. I drove through there 2 weeks ago. But we've got a member in Springfield which is only like 20 minutes from there. His username is "sleepr".

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
macon, mo and rogersville, mo are roughly 5 hours away... unless ebay's regions for MO that messed up or it might be a different guy.. don't suppose i'll get a good response @ the phone number anyway, but we'll see...

thanks sirwill

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I know that guy. No one thought of asking me? I'll try and see if my brother can beat his but, since his father was his boy scout troop leader.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
93pimpin

i'd appreciate if you could see if it is the guy from ebay.. his ebay location did say Macon, MO.. so if he is local, that'd be cool to stop buy and mention that i STILL haven't gotten my copy of XP.. if he has a valid NEW UNOPENED copy he'd be willing to part with on the spot, i'll send you some money to ship it to me

if it is the same guy, and he refuses.. just send me his address and the number to the local PD and i'll just file charges for internet fraud...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Talked to my brother. He says the guy even goes to his college. So he should be in contact with him soon. I'll check up with my brother sometime later this week.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks dude.. i owe you one if you help me out in this...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Bingo

This is 93pimpins brother here in Linn, MO. I go to Linn Tech and that's were Tim is going. The Rogersville address is someone else cause this kids only 17 or so, and I know he's not married. He's kind of a goober but I'm suprised he would take your money. I run in to him occasionally so if I see him around I'll let him know. I know where he lives too, so if it comes down to it. I'll get you the address and PD number. I don't think that will be necessary though.

Jon

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Jon... i wonder who that is then..

i'm tempted to send another email that says Hi.. i found another Tim Slover that goes to Linn tech...

lmk

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
**UPDATE** i took it upon myself to write him another love letter. In it i specified that a number of contacts in missouri have revealed to me another possible ID for Tim Slover. Tim would be under the age of 22, and attends Linn Tech. i then told him i'm only a hop away from getting his address and phone number and THEN i'm gonna contact the police. If i'm getting warmer, better stop me :D his response:

IM really sorry. I did not do the shipping. I am sending you a windows xp pro from salesintl.com. I am including the reciept from it. Once you receive it, call it completed. I did not mean to scam you, but the person that did the shipping took the money and would
not ship the products like he said. So im really sorry that i didnt tell you earlier.

Order Number - 54020

Order Information

Customer Information
First Name: Timothy
Last Name: Slover
Phone
Company Name:
Your IP Address: 63.191.96.13

Payment Information
Payment Type: Credit Card

Shipping Information
<insert my addie here>

Special Instructions
I need sent out toady via overnight ASAP.

Items
Product Mfg Qty Price Cost
Microsoft Windows XP Pro - Full OEM Version Compaq
CD+ Free Mouse! Microsoft 1 $89.99 $89.99

Totals
Sub Total: $89.99
Shipping and Handling: $20.00 {UPS Overnight}
Total: $109.99

while it isn't exactly as described, if the OEM Compaq inscribed CD works as it is supposed to, i'll call it even. Oh, to boot, he grabbed my contact info off ebay and called me.. but i won't talk to him, email is fine :D

Thanks fellas for the intelligence, you can hold off now,hahahaha i have his phone number logged and saved, as well as his PCs IP address, and another email address. i'll let ya know when it shows up and installed

Jim

BTW, you guys need anything in FL, let me know :D

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I'm glad I could help you out. Sorry I was short earlier, I was trying to pick up a television for my grandma and was switching cars at the time. L8r!

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh ok, i'll stop talkin trash about you to everyone now

j/k :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts