TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the Starion for some time now. I just wanted to know if anyone else out there likes this car.

Does anyone know what kind of numbers they put up? Seems pretty nice to be a 2.6L rear wheel drive w/ an intercooled turbo.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I had an 88 ESI-R (I think that was it), I loved it. Probably the fastest car I've ever had. It was a lot of fun, but be careful of the turbos, can be expensive to work on.

I think they were like 190 HP stock. There is a really nice looking one on Ebay right now that is just a few minutes away, Black with 84K miles.

Anyway, if you can find one in decent shape it is definitely a fun car to drive.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
You know I'm not really a bid import fan but I will admit something....I love 80s little sports cars but yeah try ebaymotors.com. :tongue:

·
8,239 Posts
my buddy had a conquest TS-I. It is the same car as the starion. Parts for them aren't too bad to get, but he had to do alot of head work on his, the heads are known to get damaged, or leak head gaskets. They are pretty neat looking cars, his was a deep blue color, and had that 80's supra look to it. They are mid 15 second cars out of the box, but if you put about a grand into it you can knock a second off that easially.

In other words, if you like to wrench they are a neat "weekend car" but by no means would I rely on it for daily transportation.

JH

·
Registered
615 Posts
i got a buddy that got a starion about a year ago, pretty decent car, he did a head job and ugraded the turbo its probably dropping about a mid to low 14. I love the blow of valve on that thing, probably the only reason i would have any turbo car.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
First thing to do to those cars is swap the swirl valve heads for normal ones. I can't remember which car they come off of though. I had a friend looking into building a starion track car because they really have a lot of aftermarket potential that's not known by many people. I'd say if you can find a cheap one buy it and make it fast!
-Thomas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts