TCCoA Forums banner

Mix and Match

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Roadrunnner 
#1 ·
See my noooobie post for a general idea of what I'm getting into with this car. I love the SC wheels I had. So I used them. They are in great shape. They are wrapped with 225-60-R16 Eagle Ga's with 70% tread remaining. And the factory Cougar center caps fit! I like em, and they're staying. I have a nice set of Cougar 7 spokes with brand new centers that I'm keeping handy in case I change things up, but for now, building up a $700 car on a realistic budget has to start with something halfway decent. Let me know what you think. No need to be kind. Kind went out with the 70's as I recall....

See less See more
#5 ·
Feedback is good

Hadn't thought about painting the center caps. HHHMMMMMM. That might just work. Thanks for the idea. The scoop is an original Ford oem part from a 79-82 mustang. Cost me about $100. The trick to mounting it was making a good template for drilling the holes in the hood. The studs lined up and it dropped right in the first try. It will be painted the factory teal when the car is repainted. As for the grille...... The original chrome and paint on it was in very bad shape. And I always seem to have some flat black handy. I am not that crazy about it either. I might go with my 94 grille or just break down and buy a nice original 92 version. We'll see. Thanks for the feedback.

#7 ·
I like Matts idea with the chrome lip and black center. That and some new or cleaned up headlights and paint should make that kitty look good. By the way I love the color its the same color as my bird

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.