TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill take any suggestions......lets just say the goal is to sound rumbly... and piss off some neighbors if i jump on the throttle when i leave late at night...open to suggestions

·
Super Moderator
7,663 Posts
I think side pipes would accomplish those goals quite well. I know someone on here has them one a bird, so you could probably do it with the mark as well.

Mike

·
Registered
850 Posts
punisher12b said:
Ill take any suggestions......lets just say the goal is to sound rumbly... and piss off some neighbors if i jump on the throttle when i leave late at night...open to suggestions
How much are you looking to spend at most? And would you mind going catless?

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
I'm running the following setup on my DOHC 90 XR7:

Kooks 1.75"/3" headers
3" Carsound polished cats
DIDO 18" long Magnaflow Tru-X muffler mounted midbody
2.5" pipes through the fuel tank area
3" tailpipes, turned down at the rear bumper

Here are a couple videos of it:

On the dyno - rear shot

On the dyno - side shot

-Rod

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats hot..... i think i want a more aggressive rumble though... i guess something that puts my Ram 318 with glasspacks to shame

Sorry yes i would mind going catless i live in Maryland emissions... and i was told that given my $$ situation that installing headers wouldnt give me much and cost a fortune to be put in being the cradle had ot be dropped to do it... im a poor broke home remodeler.. i got luckly with the ram being it sounded nice jsut cutting off the orginal muff and instlaling the glasspack.....

lemmie pose this ?

how does ... highflow cats.... and the magnaflow DI/DO sound.. its still technicly a muffler so i could get away with it right?...

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
punisher12b said:
how does ... highflow cats.... and the magnaflow DI/DO sound.. its still technicly a muffler so i could get away with it right?...
It would be a little less aggressive and a little quieter than my setup.

-Rod

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Drilla.. not to sound like a strange strange person.. i have been there and you mkiii set the bar .. in the end thats what i want... exhaust wise... ... o dude your in WV.... morgantown .. you like what 20minutes from charlestown i mean Ranson.. (( COUGH COUGH... MKIII meet at Golden Horse Shoe..
If i can post this here.. Driller go into the maryland chapter.. discussion about a bbq my place comming up.. your close

1 - 8 of 8 Posts