TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I ordered a set of motor mounts from supercoupeperformance.com and my question is: After I jack up the whole car then jack up the engine, will the old motor mounts be a direct swap with the new motor mounts? As in i dont need anything else before attempting this?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
it should be a direct swap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
just do it man!
you got everything you need except a 12 pack and good selection of curse words!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
curse words optional. 12 pack not so much...

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
you just need to jack up the engine little bit to get the weight off the mounts. then remove the one long bolt. you will need a long extension and a breaker bar.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
How do the mounts attach to the K-Member exactly? I had the engine out of my car, but didn't really pay attention to the mounts as I wasn't going to replace them anyway.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
there's three pieces to the mounts. there's an upper and lower bracket with the actual mount in between. the lower bracket has two holes that the long bolt threads into. the lower bracket also fits over a metal "box" that is part of the k-member. this "box" has holes in it that also accept the same long bolt.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Here is a picture of a 5.0 mount.

·
Registered
64 Posts
alright, I got it, a few 12 packs!

That's not at all what the 3.8 mounts look like, I dont know about the 4.6 though. similar but not the same.
i guess the bottom part is the same, but the plate that attaches to the block is different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts