Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,555 Posts
Your link is for a fuel filter.

If you’re talking about what I think you’re talking about, which is 3 AN fittings on a flat piece of aluminum stock straight off the block, none that I know of have provision for the pressure sensor, you’ll also need to add a 90° to your coolant hose. To keep the sender you’ll need to add an in-line fitting. I’d rather find another filter adapter(they’re easy to find) and use a regular relocation kit, personally

·
Super Moderator
11,061 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I installed MMR relocation kit 400335B on my '97. Good quality parts which have worked well for me. I used this kit rather than the 400160 adaptor or the 400335A kit so I could retain the stock lower radiator hose. The remote filter is mounted to the back surface of the bumper beam near the driver's side end, and the filter is accessible from under the front fascia. I would have preferred a tall filter, but only a shorty fits in that location.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went through with the relocation kit, and I got everything connected, no leaking, I got an adapter to accept the sender unit and put that back on the block plate. Now, when the car is cold, everything's fine, but when the car gets up to temp, all of a sudden the oil pressure gauge on the dash drops to where the needle is just slightly above the L and the light comes on.

My first thought was that the high flow FRAM HP8 filter was allowing too much flow and not creating enough pressure so I replaced it with the STP 8873 (compatibility chart said it would work); and it does indeed fit, but still no pressure.
Has anyone seen this issue?

I'm going to get an oil pressure tester today and check out what the actual numbers are because it feels like I can feel flow in the lines.
My other thought is that the sender could be bad now from having it out and playing around with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts