TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
At that point, I'd draw my gun and put a bullet in the driver's head.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
"My mommy just bought this for me!"
Real deadbeat, if you ask me. Can't even buy a cheap car.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Here's a T-bird actually getting crushed.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AMRU96ZavgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://youtu.be/AMRU96ZavgU

·
Registered
144 Posts
I cried a little bit..... Some peoples kids..

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Here's a T-bird actually getting crushed.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AMRU96ZavgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://youtu.be/AMRU96ZavgU
Well that's one spoiler I won't get, that's terrible, that poor SC.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
That was crazy how he pulled that evaporator core out of there at the end!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Really...........
That's wasteful as hell. Reminds of back in '10 when I bent my front subframe and I went to the junkyard where I watched them pull one off an SC.

They had it between a Mazda car and a Ford Ranger. They pulled the Ranger off the top of the SC, put the forks of the loader right through the door, then picked it up and put it on the ground. He then rolled the car onto its roof when out of nowhere about 12 mexicans went to town on the front suspension. Not five minutes later, they had the whole front K member, (with control arms, spindles, and shocks attached) on that loader and they were asking me where my truck was parked.

It was a complete disregard for any other usable components on that vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
17,170 Posts
That's because first and foremost salvage yards care about raw material scrap value, salvaged part value is just icing on the cake for them. There's specialty yards that primarily sell ALL usable parts before scrapping but their prices are significantly higher and they are usually full service (you-pull places are bottom of the barrel when it comes to aquisition)

If it makes you guys feel better, ALL cars get treated the same way, I've seen ten year old Mustang GTs get gutted in the same fashion. If you don't like seeing MN12s get scrapped like this, stop selling them for pittance, it's not the yards fault these cars get chewed up and spat out.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
You think that's bad? Just think of how many completely useful vehicles got wrecked during "Cash 4 Clunkers". What a shame... yeah if I see them crushing or wrecking cars at the junkyard I cringe. I could never work at a place that does that, I couldn't live with myself LOL

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
on my car

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Dude, I want one of those stickers!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I'd be interested in quite a few of those stickers Clint. Probably 8-10 quantity range if you'd be interested in doing a run of them. Let me know what kind of cost I'd be looking at for those.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
$5.00 shipped for the clunker stickers, Just PM me.

If you know my license plate then you know where the idea came for the sticker.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
$5.00 shipped for the clunker stickers, Just PM me.

If you know my license plate then you know where the idea came for the sticker.
Each?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts