TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I remember a year or two ago that someone in the TCCOA made mn12 downtubes. I am having my chip reflashed by Jerry and I am gonna remove my cats as soon as I can find out how to get these tubes. If anyone has any info on this please let me know. This is the second time I posted this, I cant find the first one, maybe this one will get thru. This is my first time on this new style forum. Yhanks, Blazz

·
Registered
343 Posts
Big Scott Downtubes.....

I purchased a set from Kevin Penrose (Thunderterd) and have decided not to use them I am selling them if ya want them =) They are Mandrell bent with High flow cats a few others also have them Big Scott was the one who put the deal together and from what I heard it was a HUGE hassle for him...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, tell me this, are they worth the trouble? Are the any substantial gains by having them? I am wanting to eliminate my cats, I already have after-market high flows. How much are you asking for them and why did you decide not to use them? I am not trying to be nosy, I just dont want my expectations to be higher than the actual gain. Why were they a hassle to Big Scott? Thanks, Blazz

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bradley Blaze said:
OK, tell me this, are they worth the trouble? Are the any substantial gains by having them? I am wanting to eliminate my cats, I already have after-market high flows. How much are you asking for them and why did you decide not to use them? I am not trying to be nosy, I just dont want my expectations to be higher than the actual gain. Why were they a hassle to Big Scott? Thanks, Blazz
As i am taking my heads off soon I plan on doing headers and deleting Some of the cats but leaving the 2 on for Inspection reasons and I dont want to kill back presser. As the reason I am not using them is I am having a full custom exhaust put on from the headers back. The main problem with Facoty downtubes is they are almost at a Ninty degree angle and the BIG SCOTT tubes are at almost a 45 degree angle. As far as gains you wont feel anything BIG from just doing exhaust to really feel the upgrade you need to do some head work and intake work. As for the hasle from what Kevin Penrose (Thunderterd) said is he had trouble rounding up cash and the first run was fitted to JBA's and not factory headers. This is what was told me and not from the source I would ask Big Scott about those issues.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
How much you asking for the downtubes? And what cats do they have on them? Im doing the head swap with JBA's some this might be something to add while im doing this.

·
Registered
343 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
How much you asking for the downtubes? And what cats do they have on them? Im doing the head swap with JBA's some this might be something to add while im doing this.
I am looking for 300 and I will pay for shipping. as for the brand I dont know exact brand on cats but they are high flow cats for more EXACT specs you would need to talk to Big Scott as he had them made for a group purchase a while back.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What do you mean by " Down tubes" ? Like headers? or is this like a cheaper version?. Would what u have fit a 96 tbird 4.6l?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Down tubes are the pipes between your exhayst manifolds and the rear exhaust section. On our cars it would be the section that holds the cats and in all reality the pipe ends behind the obdII sensor( or commonly called the rear 0² sensor)

·
Registered
621 Posts
How were the ones that were made by someone else better than the stock ones?

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Down Tubes...

They are the tubes with the catalytic converters on them. They are 2-1/4" diameter and they have a single cat on each tube. Two cats are replacing the stock three cats. Each cat is a high flow design that helps the motor breathe. I believe they are Dynomax high flow cats.

Headers are the pipes before the down tubes where the exhaust gases initially come out of the heads.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hey MD2020...

Hey, if no one else wants your downtubes I'll buy them. Let me know here or at [email protected] if you're agreeable to that. Thanks,
Will

1 - 11 of 11 Posts