TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people who are going to MN12Nationals are going to...

A) Help with the road rally (we need people manning stopwatches and cellphones)
B) Race the road rally

The Road Rally is planned to be a time/distance rally. The person who gets the closest to the set time for each checkpoint wins. This will be on open roads, with the possibility of traffic, and at or below the speed limit.

Need to know how many volunteers to help we have to determine the number of checkpoints, and how many people are going to race it to see if I even need to worry about finding a map, maping a route and making three laps to get an average time.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
White Lightning said:
I have already signed up on the nats site to offer to help out.

Scott
I know. That makes the score

Volunteers: 3
Racers: 0

:D

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

I know. That makes the score

Volunteers: 3
Racers: 0

:D
'

Isn't this like a street race almost? Who is honestly going to go the speed limit on interstates?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:
'

Isn't this like a street race almost? Who is honestly going to go the speed limit on interstates?
If you had enough volunteers you could have ride-along officials to enforce the speed limit, i.e. if you exceed the speed limit you are penalized by time or disqualification...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a time/distance rally.

Example: Race time Your time Other persons time
Point A -> Point B @ speedlimit = 10 minutes
Point A -> Point B @ speedlimit + 10 = 9 minutes
Point A -> Point B @ speedlimit -5 = 10.5 minutes

10 - 9 = 1
10 - 10.5 = -0.5

winner

The one who crosses the line first is not the winner. The person who crosses the line closest to the average of runs set by volunteers is.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:
It's nothing like a street race. It's a TSD Road Rally. We set a course. We set a few checkpoints that must be passed. We determine an undisclosed time that it should take to complete the course. This time is derived from several different people running the course at as close to the speed limit as possible. We average their times to get an official course time. Then the car/driver/team that comes closest to that undisclosed time is the winner. If you go too fast, your time will be short. If you get caught in traffic, it could be long. There is to be no reckless driving or you will be DQ'd. It's fun and I think everybody should try it.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also there isn't any interstates in that area. ;) The course is all highway though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts