TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems Shane and Heather are leaving the great white north and heading towards the eastern coast. Anyways, since he'll be spending a few days cooped up in their 94 with little to see or do, here's an idea.

On the 25th of August, they'll be hitting the continental 48 states in Sunburst, Montana and be in Omaha Nebraska by the 27th. Nebraska lives in their rearview mirror on the 29th and they'll be touring I-80 east all the way to Virginia.

So after that quick rundown, here's the idea. If the time can be spared, and the pair may have neared, don't be so skeered, meet up with a beer! Err, lets see, cheesy rhyme...bad idea. Anyways, if they swing by your area and the time can be spared as they pass through, why not give them some TCCoA love and many people can wind up meeting the Kodiaks and vice versa. Or something like that.

Anyways, hope that made sense, I'm in an odd mood and I'm not sure if anyone followed the derailment of my train of thought as i wrote all that.
:D

If they came I texas, I'd buy em lunch, but thats just me.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ShadowDragon said:
Um. 80 doesn't go to VA, brush the cotton off your map. :tongue:
Just goin' by what Shane told me. I ain't got a map. :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Well they'll probably be swinging down 95 which won't bring them close enough to Raleigh to meet with the bunch here.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
no, but fayetteville is right off 95...better yet, you're right.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
If they end up staying in Omaha, Nebraska - I'd run down and hang out with him and his family for a while. I live in Eastern Nebraska.

Although the reading is hard to keep up with, I understand the idea :) Just one crazy person to another.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Ok, here is the ACTUAL route (was very sleepy when talked to Joe). we will be taking I-15 to I-90, I-90 to I25 and I-25 to I-80. we will be in Omaha, NE from the 27th or 28th until the 29th or 30th. then we will be back on I-80 heading east. then we will take 74 to indianapolis. then 70 through PA and then 95S. stop in fredericksburg, VA for 2 days, then 95S Through raliegh, and then 40 to the beach...Hope that makes sense :) We would love to meet a bunch of you guys. let me know and I'll give calls when the days are more exact! BTW, Great idea Joe, and, as always, you guys all ROCK:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I95 is about 30 miles from Raleigh. Albeit a lot closer than Alaska but not exactly "right through".

I wouldn't mind meeting up at a resturant in Smithfield or something if you pass through when I'm not at work though. If I'm at work it's at least an hour to I95 so we'll just have to wait for one of the NC meets or MN12Nationals. ;)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Oh okay, I'm off I40 and US70 on the south east side. US1 south of Raleigh is about Half way between work and home and I could swing a lunch near that area. US1 North of Raleigh ugh, crapital blvd. that's not fun.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
yeah, I used to live in that area way back when...70E huh? I also used to live in morehead city, I hated that drive from mooooore head to raleigh. we will be willing to curve off of the path to a certain extent to meet some people, so the route 1 thing, that is just where I'll be for about 2-3 hrs...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Lemme know days and times when you get it figured out if you want to meet up. I don't know about what the other Raleigh Area guys have planned so I won't speak for them. ;)

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
I will, it will have to be by phone though as I won't have internet anymore...not until I get settled. so, if you guys want to PM me your numbers or e-mail 'em to [email protected], that'd be great...That way I can give a day or 2's notice.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Fubarian said:
the route!
Not quite. Now take I40 running SE away from Raleigh all the way to the coast.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

Not quite. Now take I40 running SE away from Raleigh all the way to the coast.
thats the route he said he's taking -- I just did the map based on what he told me

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Kodiak kid said:
then 95S Through raliegh, and then 40 to the beach...

·
Registered
698 Posts
oh ****....if i knew where i was at any given time in the next while i would stop by ya and hang out for a few in sioux falls...i'm only about an hour from there. but, good luck man. ps....south dakota is really FRICKIN boring. the badlands and black hills are nice, but once you get out of that area, it's really really flat and nothing to really see.
oh yeah, sioux city iowa is a dirty/really ghetto town....just a forewarning
Wiz

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
well, While I am in omaha, I will reply to this thread from my in-laws and have an updated time line...and then from there, anyone that can meet up would be great! I have been through SD before, and yeah...B*O*R*I*N*G*. and I am well aware of sioux falls...was gonna sleep there...decided to keep driving :D

1 - 20 of 80 Posts