TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If the mods think this should be somewhere else, then move it to that location.

I posted this on the FB TCCoA page last week, but I'm just now able to post it here. I wanted to post this in the Tech Articles of the forum, but I obviously don't have permission to post there.

For those of you who know Ed 'Ford' Pennel over on the FB TCCoA page, he provided me with this information some time ago. I've just put it together into one ZIP file to share with everyone :). The ZIP file itself is 115MB to download, somewhat small by today's accounts, but for those of you with slower internet connections, it's still rather large to handle. That being said.....

........ENJOY!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Dude, I love it personally, but I'm not sure how legal this is; be careful not to get in trouble.

:)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I doubt Ford would care about this platform but you never know.

Year of manual would be nice to post.

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
Copyrighted material from print is usually even more sensitive than digital material. Helm, Inc. might care more than Ford.

I have these items in print and I also have the software version. The software version only works on Windows XP and older so you really need a virtual machine if you want to run them.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Technically, most of us already own the original manual; a digital copy is really nice if you want to print one page to use by the car.

I'll bet there are tears and stains in all the manuals we have from such use. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Might be easier to justify having if you do have the print manual, but yeah... today I can see someone getting into a hissy fit over this with all the recent PR over sharing sites etc. (which, granted, has been there for the last 10-15 years anyway). Although from what I've seen, that's not likely to happen unless there is a whistle-blower among us. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
Technically, most of us already own the original manual; a digital copy is really nice if you want to print one page to use by the car.

I'll bet there are tears and stains in all the manuals we have from such use. :)
Tears and stains would indicate that we read the manual. >:)

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Blood, grease. grime. and.......MERCONV!

Not Actually Authentic without MerconV stains.

I bought my service manual in about May. It was almost mint. Now? it looks trashed. So Trashed I bought the CD version of eBay to save it some wear and tear. I actually prefer a PDF most times since i can use it on a Tablet. And the factory interactive CD leaves a lot to be desired

The 1997 Owners Manual is out there as a download if you google it. As I'm sure most years are. Many times the manufacturers made these available when the cars were still supported.

I haven't seen it but a PDF of the "Specifications Guide" and Master Parts Guides would be nice. I have got all the paper copies. But who wants to lug around a 20lb satchel of paper.

Section 17 Lighting Group is missing. There is no Section 8 Which would be "Clutch" in the earlier years.

There is no Section 16 listed in Any of the categories of the 1997 FSM for any car line. I must admit I'm intrigued what Section 16 - Group 16 would cover. What would be in the Manual between Group 15 Antenna and Group 17 Lighting? I curious. If anyone knows what Group 16 is post it. It could I presume be something Truck or Fleet specific. Possibly Cellphone related. I'm intrigued. AFAIK the truck manuals follow the same Group numbering Schema. Or at least they used to.

Section17 Where art thou? lol.

Regarding the Factory CD not working past XP.

From what I've been able to research that's a common misconception. Apparently the problems 2 fold. It requires some installer legacy code that's not in Widows 64 and it needs to reference the C/Program Files (x86) directory in order to run. But being a Win95/98 era program the installer is totally unaware of needing to create that directory and link to it. From what I've read it actually works just fine in Vista32 and Win7 32bit. It will of course run in a virtual machine on Ultimate in XP Mode or in a VM. But those VMs are are 32bit. FWIW the program will very happily run from a mounted .iso image in a virtual CD drive in XP. That's what I'm doing. Win7 is the newest version of Windows I can run on my old laptop due to a lack of graphic support and I'm limited to 2GB of RAM. So in a couple of weeks I''m going to build a Win7 partition running Win7 32 to prove or disprove this.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Just wanted to chime in briefly, I agree with what others mentioned above, it could easily land you or others in hot water over sharing this copyrighted materials, that said. Thanks, I like having a digital copy so I'm not dirtying up my hard copy, and as others mentioned I can use this on my tablet and phablet (phone tablet/galaxy note 4).

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blood, grease. grime. and.......MERCONV!

Not Actually Authentic without MerconV stains.

I bought my service manual in about May. It was almost mint. Now? it looks trashed. So Trashed I bought the CD version of eBay to save it some wear and tear. I actually prefer a PDF most times since i can use it on a Tablet. And the factory interactive CD leaves a lot to be desired

The 1997 Owners Manual is out there as a download if you google it. As I'm sure most years are. Many times the manufacturers made these available when the cars were still supported.

I haven't seen it but a PDF of the "Specifications Guide" and Master Parts Guides would be nice. I have got all the paper copies. But who wants to lug around a 20lb satchel of paper.

Section 17 Lighting Group is missing. There is no Section 8 Which would be "Clutch" in the earlier years.

There is no Section 16 listed in Any of the categories of the 1997 FSM for any car line. I must admit I'm intrigued what Section 16 - Group 16 would cover. What would be in the Manual between Group 15 Antenna and Group 17 Lighting? I curious. If anyone knows what Group 16 is post it. It could I presume be something Truck or Fleet specific. Possibly Cellphone related. I'm intrigued. AFAIK the truck manuals follow the same Group numbering Schema. Or at least they used to.

Section17 Where art thou? lol.

Regarding the Factory CD not working past XP.

From what I've been able to research that's a common misconception. Apparently the problems 2 fold. It requires some installer legacy code that's not in Widows 64 and it needs to reference the C/Program Files (x86) directory in order to run. But being a Win95/98 era program the installer is totally unaware of needing to create that directory and link to it. From what I've read it actually works just fine in Vista32 and Win7 32bit. It will of course run in a virtual machine on Ultimate in XP Mode or in a VM. But those VMs are are 32bit. FWIW the program will very happily run from a mounted .iso image in a virtual CD drive in XP. That's what I'm doing. Win7 is the newest version of Windows I can run on my old laptop due to a lack of graphic support and I'm limited to 2GB of RAM. So in a couple of weeks I''m going to build a Win7 partition running Win7 32 to prove or disprove this.
I'm providing only what I received. I just noticed that Group 17 is missing, and I cannot provide that as I don't have a copy to provide. If someone has a copy for me to amend to the ZIP file, I'll be happy to include it.

Just wanted to chime in briefly, I agree with what others mentioned above, it could easily land you or others in hot water over sharing this copyrighted materials, that said. Thanks, I like having a digital copy so I'm not dirtying up my hard copy, and as others mentioned I can use this on my tablet and phablet (phone tablet/galaxy note 4).
And you're right about the whole copyright thing. While I may be hiding behind the argument of "it's already out there anyways if you Google it", I may still get in trouble for helping out others on a platform that wasn't as popular as say the Mustang and Explorer.

If the staff of this forum is in agreement with this, then I'll remove the link and if anyone wishes, they can contact me directly via PM for a link.

In all honesty though, what am I hurting at this point in time when the newest MN12 is now 18 years old?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks.

There used to be downloads available for all the various years referenced here. Maybe the pre-2002 forum? I think it was fordcds dot com or something. I turned a tower of blank cds into wonderful coasters! Tried torrents...
Ended up buying the books for 1992.

CDsDontBurn, whenever I see your name I think of those coasters. Didn't burn right for me!

Anyway, driving my '97 mostly so thanks for the post.

-Allan

·
Registered
62 Posts
PC/ED manual

Does anyone have the PC/ED Power Control Emissions Diagnostic manual referred to in the factory service manual? I have the factory service and wiring manuals in paper and the CD I just bought does not include PC/ED.

Since I got virtually no help on my Running rich both banks post, I need to research my own problem

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You've got mail.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's too large of a file to email, 112MB. I have gone ahead and updated the link for the file to be downloaded.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Bump.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does the link still work? I'll update it if needed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts