TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was searching thru and found out that the mark 8s have different lower control arms than the tbirds...i am replacing the lower control arms soon in the tbird and was wondering if its worth switching to the mark 8 lower control arms while im at it...not sure if its worth the extra bucks or the extra beefyness that i heard the mark 8 lowers carry...my bird is also lowered, and i have no clue if this would help or not even matter...

any info would be appreciated...

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
The front LCA's are the same between the tbird and mark. It's the mark rear LCA's that people swap to because they are aluminum and therefore less unsprung weight.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im familiar with the rears, but i heard about the front lowers being bigger...rock auto sells the moog tbird lowers for around $60, and the lincoln lowers for about $120...and they have diff numbers...i used that as a reference, but still not sure whats different...i think i might just stick to the good old original parts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're the same thing, just marked up for Lincolns because they're Lincolns. MN12 front suspension components are interchangeable with FN10. Lots of Mark VIII guys use MN12 parts because they're half the price for the same thing.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just replaced the strut shock bushings and lower contoll arms...with the tbird parts on rock auto...now i just have to get some nice shocks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts