TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found anywhere to buy bushing for the front end of a 93'? Has anyone used the mn12 bushing kit? I'm thinking about doing it now that I've replaced everything else on the front end. Do I need to replace the lower control arm?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
what bushings do you need? Everything can be pruchased from a parts store. The upper and lower control arm bushings will have to be pressed in and out. Strut Rod bushings are also available from a parts store. If you purchase the upper and lower control arms, they already have ball joints and bushings already pressed in, the ball joints on the upper arms are not removable.

joseph

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have replaced the upper control arms(with ball joints) , struts, sway bar end links, lower ball joints, and tie rods. I want to put some polyurethane bushings in as well. PST.com doesn't have bushings for 93' tbirds. They do for 80' to 88'. I'm planing to put a strut tower brace and sub frame connectors on. It rides good now. I know it will stiffen up some. I'm not going to lower it at all. I was told that the lower control arm bushings aren't replacable. ???

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I used the MN12 Performance bushing kit. Its all poly stuff except for the strut rod to control arm bushings which are stock replacements and the front shock bushings are not included at all. Many others have used it too. No problems with it or anything when I did it.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it a real pain in the rear or did it go easy? When I get my house built, I'm planning on installing these bushings. Did you do it or take it somewhere?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I did it but I had access to a press. It was real easy for the most part. The rear knuckle bushings were the hardest I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts