TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does it seems like an awful lot of people on here are selling their cars? It seems like not a day goes by that someone is not listing a car for sale. It is the economy? Is it the fuel prices? Lack of interest/boredom? I was just wondering why…. :confused:

Especially considering my Cougar will soon be for sale… again…(I need to complete some R&D for a vendor first)… :D

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Really? I have been having a hard time finding a car but haven't been looking too long. What happened to your 94, I just noticed your signature?

-Miller

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
These cars are getting old and I have a feeling some are losing interest. I am not surprised to be honest.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
It is the economy? Is it the fuel prices? Lack of interest/boredom? I was just wondering why…. :confused:
I believe it to be a combination of the economy, fuel prices &
the fact that the MN12s are any where between 8 to 16 years old.

Vehicles that old generally need "fixing-up",
mechanical, suspension, electrical, cosmetic, cooling (radiator and/or heater core), ect.,
and even if the vehicle does not need any of those things right now, it probably would soon.

Most people would rather put $500.00 to $2000.00 down/toward a newer, lower mileage vehicle
rather than fixing up an older, high mileage vehicle.​

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
miller1995 said:
Really? I have been having a hard time finding a car but haven't been looking too long. What happened to your 94, I just noticed your signature?

-Miller
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=53906 :bawling:

I've been debating for a good long while now as to repair it with the new parts or parting it out and putting the brakes/sway bars/tires/wheels on my Mark VIII. With 6 vehicles the total insurance is killing me (In AL, you have to have liability on every vehicle you have registered whether it is drivable or not :redmad: ).

So when I factor in the price of a paint job, engine/tranny swap (I have almost everything for DOHC/T-45 swap), I’m looking at a few grand.

So the 94 T’Bird will get parted out on eBay over the next few months, and the 95 Cougar will be for sale again in about 3 weeks after I complete the R&D.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I've been noticing alot of the cars are the 3.8l ones.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I know on ebay, I can hardly find anything but 3.8's and the bosonian editions. If I could find a cheap 96/97 MN-12 with a 4.6, I'd be all over it (I take the 4.6 and I'll give the little bro my 3.8).

As for why, I think some of it's a misture of everything 94DD said. The economy, fuel prices, age (one of the bigger ones), and a loss of interest. I know mine's not going anywhere until at least 2009.

·
Registered
927 Posts
When I first came here, it seemed like most of the people were fanatics about the MN12 chassis. But, now that I've been here for a while, I realize that most of the posters here really want something different, but the MN12 was the best they could afford at the time.

So, having said that, I think all of the reasons posted are probably correct. The MN12 is falling into that dreaded no-man's-land of being too old to be new, and too new to be antique.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
There's a lot of fanatics still here. I'll keep working on my car until either it's stolen, I total it or I can't get parts for it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i dont care what my birds need or how high gas gets. ill drive a thunderbird forever i hope. ill just fix what needs it until its all new again. its worht it to me and thats all that matters.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
i dont know what id do without my t-bird. ford doesnt make any rwd, 2 door v-8's any more besides the mustang. not that i have anything against mustangs, i just like something alittle bigger.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Al_Florida said:
I'll keep working on my car until either:
a: it's stolen
b: I total it
c: I can't get parts for it.
You forgot a few:
d: the remote control nitrous purge (with light) doesnt work anymore
e: the race track doesnt let you come back because of both the blower and laughing gas and the police have a standing shoot on sight order
f: the next generation of hoveround doesnt fit in your trunk
g: the new jaguar 'vert appears in the driveway

·
Registered
331 Posts
FordFanatic said:
i dont know what id do without my t-bird. ford doesnt make any rwd, 2 door v-8's any more besides the mustang. not that i have anything against mustangs, i just like something alittle bigger.
:zwthstpd:
It's my daily driver that I put 134 miles on a day. It also serves as occasional family vehicle. And this time next year when my Mother-In-Law gets a new car, I'll be adding her blue 97 to the driveway to replace my 94 Exploder.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
tbirdbrain said:
g: the new jaguar 'vert appears in the driveway
Yeah, like SideOiler.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Mines gone, but i am definetly keeping my eyes open for a good deal.

i didnt think i would miss it they way i do.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
I will never sell mine. I LOVE MINE TO MUTCH.It's just to good of car and fits my purposes.I absolutley hate mustangs and would never own one. I still get 26 to 27 mpg with 92,000 on mine.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I know mine's not goin anywhere for a while, 351,700 and still goin. Hell I wouldnt get much for it if I did sell, why get rid of a great car thats never let me down and chance it on another one?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
the problem i have been seeign is that the used car market has so gone to s.hit with 0% and the family pricing stuff that good used cars alot of times are ending up in junk yards . the cars i have seen latley should not of been there . 1 that comes to mind is a pristine 93 s/c white, grey leather. perfect interior, nice body, yea i didnt know aboutthe drivetrian , but itwas all there besides the wheels. showed 100k on it. another 96 v8 lx had a 190k but was a nice looking car and it was all there too . and it started right up ! so it hurtsto seethesecars going out like that. and most people treat them like trash .

1 - 20 of 48 Posts