TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, I'd forgotten about my home town. There are so many MN12s here its kinda spooky. Driving around town today I saw anywhere from 1-5 MN12s at any given light. I also saw 2-3 FN10s total, but good lord! They're everywhere! And all driven by grandparents!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I see 6 or 7 a day, even during winter. When you can recognize a car by the roof line or the wheels, you tend to "see" more of them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I dont see many tbirds around here but when i do i can tell what they are by the headlights and tailights

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I surprised a couple people when I could tell MN12s apart from traffic by there headlights, from 3 blocks away. Then they looked at me funny when I could tell a TBird from a Cougar at the same time.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well.... i take a drive anywhere around here i always see mark viii's, tbird, and cougars... i see many sad ones when i drive through the ghetto on the way to school or to my parents offices.. i see a lot of terrible looking sc's down that way... right next to my school, there is a guy with a 35th, and the gfx and stuff is falling off, the blue pinstripe is gone, the paint is fading, and he has 19s! WTF! I just want to go steal it and fix it up, mn12s dont deserve owners like that... -greg

·
Registered
935 Posts
Glowing: You live in Michigan, what the heck do you expect!?! The owners give up caring after one good winter which rusts there cars out so bad! Plus no state inspections so most people could give a crap. It's a shame none the less tho. I guess you know I'm from MI so I can talk... :)

Not very many birds in this area but the ones I do see I either know the owners or they are 75+. I guess we're a special breed of people. Most of the ones I don't know I ask them if they want to talk and we stop and shoot the chit for a while. Most are friendly but not interested...

I also know the headlights pretty good too from my days of waiting for the bus and having nothing better to do on mornings with dense fog. Its fun to make people think when you tell them whats comming before it gets there. Also has saved me a lot of tickets for knowing too.

-Tim

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah knowing the headlights from a distance is cool. When i ride with someone im like here comes a TBird and there like what. Thenabirdgoes by and there like how you know. My frieinds think i know everything about Tbirds but i dont know that much engine wise.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, being able to ID cars from a distance by headlights and taillights has kept me out of trouble moer than once. I can spot new impalas and panther platforms easy.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i dunno.. i have like a 6th sense for cops.. especially ones with their radar on... if im speeding, sometimes i get a funny feeling, slow down, and sure enough, there is one not too far ahaed with his radar. im wierd, but i have never gotten a speeding ticket, or any ticket worth any points.. all bs stuff like expired plates, a headlight out... and i ALWAYS get my car searched... ALWAYS. and im completely compliant to what the cops say. and if im ever caught for speeding, im not going to b!tch and moan to the cop cause he pulled me over, ill just fess up to what i did.. those things always go better when you just keep saying yes. -greg

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Focus said:
Average Joe.... refresh my memory... is Odessa a college town? Are you very far from Lubbock?

Well, here in Dallas, MN-12's are practically everywhere....
im in lubbock! its definitely a college town. not sure about odessa.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Odessa is about 2 hours south of Lubbock. We're an oil town. :( I may be up at Tech in another 3 years or so, but until then I'm basically hangin out by myself in the MN12 world...

·
Registered
965 Posts
glowing escape said:
i dunno.. i have like a 6th sense for cops.. especially ones with their radar on... if im speeding, sometimes i get a funny feeling, slow down, and sure enough, there is one not too far ahaed with his radar. im wierd, but i have never gotten a speeding ticket, or any ticket worth any points.. all bs stuff like expired plates, a headlight out... and i ALWAYS get my car searched... ALWAYS. and im completely compliant to what the cops say. and if im ever caught for speeding, im not going to b!tch and moan to the cop cause he pulled me over, ill just fess up to what i did.. those things always go better when you just keep saying yes. -greg
Maybe your senses are heightened by the mass quantities of crack you smoke each day. ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
The only MN12's out here are the 96-97 Cougars...no other T-birds realy out here. Most people don't even know anything about my car. Most of these rednecks out here with there Chevy 1-ton Dually's with Glasspacks and 5 inch tips think they can outdo my car. Shows you how many people out here know anything about MN12's. Why do you think I have to go to Dallas all the time? So I can actually see civilized people...lol.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It does rock out here by the lake. Thats it. We are going to have a get together down here at the lake one weekend. We can BB-Q, Swim, Jet ski, Fish, whatever. The lake is 35 miles long and 7 miles wide. It is very nice and there is even an 1/8 mile track down here also. What do you all say about meeting down here for a weekend of fun and MN 12 talk?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SilverBullitt said:
It does rock out here by the lake. Thats it. We are going to have a get together down here at the lake one weekend. We can BB-Q, Swim, Jet ski, Fish, whatever. The lake is 35 miles long and 7 miles wide. It is very nice and there is even an 1/8 mile track down here also. What do you all say about meeting down here for a weekend of fun and MN 12 talk?
If you organize it, I'll see about coming. :cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok..guys...look in the Upcoming events section...lets get a good summer meet organized. Any sugestions, please send them my way.

·
Registered
933 Posts
In some commercial (i think it's a Snickers one) where the kids in the vet with the dog biting his pants and not letting go. There's a Tbird sitting outside. I can tell by the roofline. If people i'm driving with point um out, they're usually too late because I can see um blocks away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts