TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title suggests, Noob from Missouri here :p I've been reading the forums for a couple months now, but never got around to really introducing myself.

My T-Bird was the first car I bought, and I hope to keep her for a while. She's been wrecked 5 times now (only once was I driving!) and she just keeps on chugging. Doesn't look too bad either.

Here's the car!

The rubber band tires were replaced in the back with larger tires recently, and I still have yet to find someone who's able to tint the back window. Btw NEVER take your car to get tinted at a place that also does custom audio (sigh)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Car looks good..
What part of SouthWest MO are you from? you may not be too far from me!

(by the way.... if you don't like that hitch I'd be willing to take it off your hands... ;) )

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Welcome :) The car looks nice, my first 'Bird was also a 91 - just a base model though.

And I was able to find a guy that would do the rear window, and in one piece :) It came out very well.

-Melon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah close up you can see all the dust and dirt in my tint job. When I get the camera again I'll take some pics of it. It looks pretty bad, good if you're 5 feet away though. Lesson learned, soon enough I'll take it back to them and demand they take off the tint and give me a full refund so someone else can do it and the back window...

I live 20 miles east of Joplin, in a little hole-in-the-wall town. Looks like we're about 80 miles from one another. Let me know if you're in the area (Joplin preferably), I'd love to meet someone else on the forums. And the hitch was installed as part of a gift, attached behind it...a jet ski :)

Thanks for the kind words. I did the paint job myself, so it really makes me smile when somebody compliments it. Eventually I want to do it up differently. Completely redo the body work, Black bottom/Smoke Gray top with a silver stripe right on the body line. But that won't be until I can park my car, and since it's my daily driver...

·
Registered
124 Posts
i like the paint scheme man. i'm right there w/ everybody else on the tint. they guys that did mine went through 3 sheets for the rear window and theres STILL some bubbles in it.. nothing terrible and nothing that anybody else is gonna really notice, but it kinda makes me mad. but not mad enough to go thru all the hassle of getting it redone, not any time soon atleast. anyway, nice bird!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They went through 8 sheets on mine and gave up. (at least that's what they said)

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
im not sure but maybe a transgo shift kit isnt the best idea even for an AOD but I could be wrong. Youre car looks great. Replace your POS driveshaft before you get to the fun go fast stuff. Also inspect and replace old worn bushings this will help get the most out of whatever you do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
93 Mark 8 driveshaft or bust!

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Nice looking Bird!

Skip the Trans-Go and do the J-Mod, you'll be happier.

To get my tint done I took my Bird to a place that does all of the Highway Patrol cars and has a lifetime install warranty so they did it right the first time because they know if they screw it up they have to keep redoing it for free.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Doh, missed that!

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i'm with everyone on the paint really sweet looking i've always wondered what a two tone job would look like on a bird and i might just take the lines you did only with different colors. i personally havent got the car tinted yet as i'm dreading it. i also think you should drop that thing a inch or 3 would give it a nice look slammed with a two tone.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Engine?

Welcome to the threads.

SWS

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
Replace your POS driveshaft before you get to the fun go fast stuff.
Why:confused:

This is definately not something at the top of any list. Big chunk of money and not even needed unless your getting serious about racing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tis the 5.0

v8_superbirdy said:
i also think you should drop that thing a inch or 3 would give it a nice look slammed with a two tone.
It's not exactly high up on my list. My driveway's pretty horrendous, and I like to be able to park in awkward places sometimes. If it was a pure weekend warrior I might consider it though.

Also I've done enough show to the car for the time being, besides redoing the interior...It's time for the go!

v8_superbirdy said:
i personally havent got the car tinted yet as i'm dreading it.
You're not the only person who dreads it...
http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20860&st=0
At least there's some good advice there for tinters. If only you could inform them without coming off as the "I'm going to tell you how to do your job" type.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Yeah that's the no matter how much you ***** foot around it you end up having to tell them lol you just have to hope they'll take

1 - 20 of 25 Posts