TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purached a F.M.S. 3.73 punkin for my blown bird. I am going to replace the fluid that came in the carier with a senthetic gear oil. I don't know which one to use mobil fully senthetic 75w-90 or vovoline 85w-140 senthetic blend. I am leaning toward the mobil. How much fricion mofifier should I use in the rearend? I need to know this by 9:00 am cst wens morning That is when I will finish the install.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just completed this install myself with a friend of mine. On the FRPP unit is a tag that says use 75w-140 synthetic gear lube only. Called a dozen parts stores in my area and no one had. The only place that had it, you guessed it, was the Ford dealer. There is an article on this site that says you can use the 75w-90. I am a little anal and not wanting to take a chance with hurting the unit. I bought The gear lube from Ford. $17.00/QT. You will need 2 qts and 1 bottle of Friction modifier. I do not think that the 75w-90 will cause any problems but I would use a fully synthetic oil. Good Luck!:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts